Physical Therapy Instructor
Company: El Paso Trade School Inc
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Position Title: Physical Therapy (PT) Instructor
Reports to: Program Director
POSITION OVERVIEW: The instructor creates, manages and participates
in a variety of learning environments and activities that provide
opportunities for students to develop to their fullest potential
and achieve their learning objectives. The instructor participates
collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to
promote the general well-being of the department and the college
and of the collective and individual interests of its staff and
student body. The instructor supports and seeks always to fulfill
the guiding concepts for the college embodied in the philosophy,
mission, values, and vision adopted by the college.
- Provide for the safety of students and co-workers. Always
attend to a safety hazard or potential safety hazard immediately.
Assume responsibility for the orderliness of the learning
environment and in the appropriate and safe use of instructional
facilities and equipment.
- Class preparation: Takes time each day to prepare lesson
material. Possess a thorough understanding of course material and
follow the lesson plans. Prepare in advance to see that students
have sufficient materials and equipment to complete all classes and
- Instructional training: Implement instructional training
techniques in the classroom. Is effective in generating classroom
participation through question asking, student presentations and
group exercises. Correlate class lessons to shop/lab
- Organize, plan and prepare students lab/shop projects and
provide effective hands-on training. Ensure materials and/or
equipment is ready and available.
- Student retention: Identifies all "at-risk" students
(attendance, academics, and conduct related), and takes a proactive
role in assisting "at-risk" students with tutoring, encouragement
and working with the Program Director, Student Services Coordinator
and Student Retention Specialist to keep them in school.
- Continuing education: Actively pursues and completes in the
field, professional certification (s). Seeks to constantly improve
teaching skills and techniques through different personal
improvement avenues. Keeps pace with industrial changes within
his/her field. Maintains competency and currency in the subject
matter of courses taught and in teaching skills. Completes 6 CEUs
- Student competencies: Organizes, manages and ensures the
completion of students competencies for each phase.
- Attendance: Take roll call twice a schedule, post attendance on
the instructor portal every day before midnight.
- Student documentation: Documented timely and accurately all
issues pertaining to the student(s) (i.e. behavior issues,
absenteeism, tardiness, unable to perform tasks/skills, lack of
participation, or unable to work with others).
- Classroom management: Maintain an orderly classroom always, and
control over students behavior always and does not allow students
to disrupt the learning environment.
- Listen to students and co-workers to resolve conflicts and
establish effective communication.
- Understand, follow and enforce school rules, policies and
- Keep the curriculum, performance standards, competencies,
lesson plans, and tests current with industry needs.
- Utilize the competency checking and recording system designed
for your program. Maintain and pass on the students competency
folders to subsequent instructors. Make folders available for
review at any time.
- Assist in organizing and/or conducting field trips.
- Supervise lab/classroom clean-up by students.
- Grading needs to be completed within three workdays.
- Develops, monitors, and refines the clinical education
component of the curriculum.
- Facilitates quality learning experiences for students during
- Evaluates students' performance, in cooperation with other
faculty, to determine their ability to integrate didactic and
clinical learning experiences and to progress within the
- Educates students, clinical and academic faculty about clinical
- Selects clinical learning environments that demonstrate
characteristics of sound patient/client management, ethical and
professional behavior, and currency with physical therapy
- Maximizes available resources for the clinical education
- Provides documented records and assessment of the clinical
education component (includes clinical education sites, clinical
- Actively engaging core faculty clinical education planning,
implementation, and assessment
- Perform other work-related duties that are assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Masters degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current PT license from an accredited Physical Therapy
- Minimum 3 years of clinical practice, CI experience
- Knowledge of education, management, and adult learning theories
- Active in clinical practice, especially as applicable to
- Active in professional activities at local, state, and/or
- Must have a valid drivers license and legal insurance coverage
on a personal vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess good presentation skills and the ability to speak
- Effective communication, organization, interpersonal,
problem-solving, and advising skills,
- Current knowledge and skill with computer technology (e.g.,
word processing, e-mail, database) or proven ability to learn these
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability and willingness to comply with school policies and
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and
- Creativity and initiative.
- Ability to correctly use and demonstrate all regular equipment
and tools within the subject field.
- Must have a valid drivers license and minimum legal insurance
coverage on a personal vehicle.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Technical Capacity.
- Presentation Skills.
Typical classroom and shop environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. This position is very active and
requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching,
crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift
and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust
The above Job Description is not intended to be an all-encompassing
list of responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions
associated with this position. It is intended to be a guideline
reflecting the principal activities.PI117976056
Keywords: El Paso Trade School Inc, Las Cruces , Physical Therapy Instructor, Education / Teaching , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!