Field Service Engineer/Spacecraft Specialist
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 5, 2020
OverviewPeraton has an opening for a Field Service
Engineer/Spacecraft Specialist at the White Sands Complex in Las
Cruces, NM. The Spacecraft Operator will join a flight engineering
team dedicated to operating and maintaining the health and safety
of the STPSat-6 spacecraft.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe. In early
2021, an additional mission will be added to the WSC operations
infrastructure with the launch of STPSat-6. Preparations for the
launch and transition to operations are currently
underway.ResponsibilitiesWhat you'll do---
- Perform daily monitoring and operations of spacecraft.
- Develop procedures for performing spacecraft activities,
including on-orbit acceptance testing, battery management,
station-keeping maneuvers, and momentum unloads.
- Lead spacecraft activities as a Test Conductor and provide
operational guidance to the Flight Engineering Team.
- Analyze and identify spacecraft anomaly root causes, then plan
and execute recovery actions.
- As experience is gained, provide on-the-job training to
- Occasional work during nights or weekends is required when
executing activities or anomaly recoveries.
- Other duties as assigned.
QualificationsYou'd be a great fit if---
- An Associate's degree (or equivalent).
- In lieu of formal education, 4 years of additional related
experience is allowable.
- 2+ years of experience in spacecraft operations.
- The ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance.
It'd be even better if you---
- An active Secret/Interim Secret clearance.
- BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Previous spacecraft test experience.
- Experience with spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, power
sensors, and/or other RF equipment.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, including
ability to communicate effectively with peers and
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
What you'll get---
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development
- The ability to influence major initiatives
SECURITY CLEARANCE This position requires the candidate to be able
to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to
obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
citizenship.About PeratonAt Peraton, we're at the forefront of
delivering the next breakthrough in national security, every day.
We're the partner of choice to help solve some of the world's most
daunting challenges. How? By thinking differently. We're not mired
in the past. We look at all problems with fresh eyes. We look past
the obvious to bring the best talent, tech, and ideas together to
completely transform how problems are solved. So bring your unique
ideas, your entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get
ready to be part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can't be
done.EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship
status, or membership in any other group protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Field Service Engineer/Spacecraft Specialist, Engineering , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!