Aerospace Mechanic (Test Cell)
Company: Standard Aero
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 11, 2022
- Prepping engines for test, testing and de-prepping engines
- Trains to become a certified test cell operator.
Responsibilities include performing certification testing IAW O/H
manual. Troubleshooting engine failures, replacing failed
components, and completion of test documentation
- Working as a motivated member of a specialized team to operate
the test cell and the engine under test in accordance with the test
instructions or tech orders.
- Willingness to learn new tasks and cross train on multiple
engine lines and other complementary skills and seeks endorsements
for those skills as needed to support production requirements
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as
needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements
and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Working within quality, environmental and health and safety
management systems to deliver a high quality product in a safe and
environmentally responsible manner.
- Complete daily maintenance inspections of equipment and
facility to ensure operational readiness prior to use
- Working with specialized mechanical, electrical and
instrumentation systems to test gas turbine engines.
- Troubleshoots, adjusts or replace components on engines and
accessories during testing process. Liaisons with engineers,
mechanics and inspectors on test performance.
- Performing and supporting troubleshooting, preventative and
corrective maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple
skills endorsements as needed to support production
- Carries out other duties as assigned.Technical Requirements
- Self-Motivated Team members must have a positive attitude
toward a changing work environment and are committed to achieving
the success and goals of their team
- Experience with Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul of Gas Turbine
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, interpersonal,
decision making, oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and
other related internal control systems.
- Familiarity with gas turbine engines
- Knowledgeable in the functional operation of the engines
- Attainment of a Special Process stamp for Test Technician
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately
25% of the average work day.
- Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions and company
- Product knowledge relative to the business unit.
- Experience in a mechanical environment. Associated topics:
brakes, bsme, chassis, machine, mechanical, mechanical engineer,
msme, thermal, turbomachinery, vibration
Keywords: Standard Aero, Las Cruces , Aerospace Mechanic (Test Cell), Engineering , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!