Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: March 13, 2019
* Diagnoses malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
* Repairs/rebuilds various plant and process equipment
including pumps, motors, gearboxes, valves, and
other related equipment.
* Repairs/rebuilds/replaces hydraulic and pneumatic
equipment and understands flow controls.
* Understands and troubleshoots Programmable Logic
Controllers (Nomenclature, input, output, etc.)
Repairs/replaces instrumentation to include level
sensors, RTD s, chart recorders, prox sensors, and
* Ability to use a CMMS to process work orders, PM s
and look up inventory and order parts.
* Operates forklifts and aerial platforms.
* Performs required Preventative Maintenance on plant
and process equipment.
* Drills, files, grinds, and cuts various materials
using hand and/or power tools.
* Saws various metals using chop or band saws.
* Welds various metals using wire feed, stick, or TIG.
* Machines various materials using a mill and/or
* Welds and polishes stainless steel to 3A standards
for dairy industry.
* Performs electrical troubleshooting on various plant
and process equipment including amp and voltage
readings, testing fuses, and understanding
* Repairs/replaces electrical components to include
fuses, relays, transformers, wiring and other
* Starts, stops, adjusts, and troubleshoots the
ammonia system. Replaces/repairs ammonia equipment
* Possesses a working knowledge of mechanical and
* Repairs HVAC systems and controls.
* Repairs, inspects, replaces door systems to include
closures, strikes, fire doors, overhead doors,
roll-up doors, and mandoors.
* Plumbing to include repairing/replacing fixtures,
clearing clogs, piping, and repairing water heaters.
* Repairs/replaces equipment on the steam system
including valves, traps, return pumps, and
conductivity tests. Conducts boiler water tests and
operates the boiler as needed during weekend and
* Works with co-workers and supervisor to resolve
* Works weekends and holidays as needed to complete
* Keeps work area and tools clean and organized.
* Values that align with the Saputo culture.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
and procedure manuals.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to perform these operations using weight
measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to work while frequently exposed to extreme
cold (non-weather), extreme heat (non-weather), and
outdoor weather conditions.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry
out instructions furnished in written, oral or
* Ability to frequently to lift up to 50 lbs.
independently and/or move up to 100 lbs. with
assistance as needed.
* Ability to complete at least one job related course
* Long periods of time standing, walking, climbing up
to 4 flights of stairs, climbing ladders
* Ability to read and write English
* High level of welding, electrical or mechanical
skills a plus
* Flexible to work various shifts as plant and
business needs arise
Keywords: Saputo, Las Cruces , Mechanic, Engineering , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!