IT Security Engineer
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Peraton is seeking an IT Security Engineer to join our team at the
White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM on the Space Communications
Network Services Contract (SCNS) supporting NASA. At Peraton, you
will apply your educaton and advanced technology training to help
solve complex business needs for our customers.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
What you'll do...
- Collect and maintain data needed to meet system cybersecurity
- Participate in Risk Governance process to provide security
risks, mitigations, and input on other technical risk.
- System analysis with emphasis on operational sustainability,
risk, safety and security.
- Providing engineering and security support to projects during
- Ensure required security controls are represented in technical
- Assist with Security Control testing and verification.
- Coordinate and manage the proper implementation of NIST
security controls on a variety of system platforms.
- Provide technical and procedural information system security
advice to the site regarding the processing and protection of
- Analyze information systems utilizing various INFOSEC cyber
security techniques including packet analysis tools, forensics
tools, intrusion prevention systems, firewalls, SIEM solutions, and
vulnerability assessment software to aid in detection and
prevention of cyber-attacks.
- Occasional travel (approx. 10%)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You'd be a great fit if you have...
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Engineering
Technology, Science, Math, Engineering and 2+ years of demonstrated
work in IT Security, or equivalent.. However, equivalent experience
may be considered in lieu of degree.
- The ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance and can
maintain the clearance.
It'd be even better if you have...
- CompTIA Security+ or an equivalent certification (such as SSCP
- Hands on experience with any of th following technologies:
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems: Sourcefire Appliances,
Lancope Stealth Watch Appliances, McAfee IPS Network Security
- Firewalls Appliances: Palo Alto Next-Gen, Juniper Netscreen,
Cyberguard, Cisco, Fortinet, McAfee Web Gateway.
- Security Info/Event Management Systems: ArcSight Enterprise
Security Manager, Splunk, NetIQ SM, McAfee ePO.
- Vulnerability Assessment Systems: Nessus Security Center/Pro,
McAfee Vulnerability Manager, DBProtect, various cyber security
- Network Switching/Routing/Wireless: Cisco Systems, Juniper
- Network Protocol Analysis: Wireshark, Fluke Protocol Expert,
Javvin Packet Analyzer.
- Network Performance Test Systems: Spirent SmartBits, IXIA
equipment, Fluke network analysis equipment.
- Desktop/Server Operating Systems: Windows, Linux Redhat,
Solaris, HP-UX, VMS.
- Prior Space Network experience and TDRS knowledge.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- The ability to influence major initiatives.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret
security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a
US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , IT Security Engineer, Engineering , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!