Radio Frequency Engineer
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Peraton is seeking a Radio Frequency Engineer in Las Cruces, New
Mexico at the National Aeronautics Space Administration (NASA)
White Sands Complex (WSC) to support the Space Network operations.
The selected individual will support NASA programs that integrate
with state-of-the-art RF satellite communications systems and
technologies. Assignments will include a variety of engineering
tasks such as development of requirements, generation of
engineering documentation and deployment of systems that meet
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
What you'll do..
* Develop and evaluate system requirements
* Perform communications analyses including link budget
* Develop engineering documentation for the install ation of new
and/or modification of existing electronic systems that meet
* E nsure that technical, budget and schedule requirements are met
through new or modified designs
* Oversee system modifications to ensure implementation is executed
according to design documentation
* Develop and execute test plans and procedures
* Maintain system documentation to accurately reflect the
* Provide trouble-shooting assistance in isolating and correcting
unusual hardware problems
You'd be a great fit if you have...
* Bachelor's Degree in Science, Math or Engineering and 2 + years
of experience in the following areas:
* S atellite ground system or other RF communications
* RF wireless communications systems definition and analysis,
including link analyses
* RF satellite communications systems parameters and their impact
on RF link performance
* Ability to create technical documents and deliver presentations
clearly and concisely.
* Ability to travel - approx. 10%
It'd be even better if you have..
* BS in Science, Math or Engineering and 5+ years of related
experience (or 3+ years with MS in Science, Math or Engineering
* Familiarity with NASA, DoD, or other agency systems engineering
* E xcellent verbal and written communication skills
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Knowledge of the NASA Space Network
What you'll get...
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and
maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a
clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Radio Frequency Engineer, Engineering , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!