Director - Cardiovascular Services
Company: CTI Education Group
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Job Description - Director - Cardiovascular Services (7416-8599)
Job Description Director - Cardiovascular Services - 7416-8599
Memorial Medical Center Description Purpose: Directs, coordinates,
and supportsaspects of Cardiovascular Services delivery at Memorial
Medical Center.--The Director is responsible for directing,
assisting, planning and marketingall activities to ensure that the
service line demonstrates a high quality,cost efficient program in
order to position the Hospital as the leader inCardiovascular
services in the area. Accountabilities and Activities:
- Leads, coordinates and oversees all operational activities
related to providing quality care of the cardiovascular
departments, these include Cath lab, EEG, EKG, Cardiac Rehab, and
the Anti-coagulation Clinic.
- Provides line supervision to managers' to coordinates
operations with area medical directors and Patient Care
- Direct and manage the daily activities, personally or through
- Selects and hires qualified staff to implement goals and
objectives of department.
- Conducts performance appraisals for employees in a fair and
- Keeps staff informed by presenting ideas and information
concisely and effectively.
- Works closely with departmental staff to develop procedures
that ensure efficient workflow.
- Communicate clearly regarding staff responsibilities and
- Solicits, accepts and appropriately acts upon staff
- Develops staff members' roles to maximize their potential.
- Develop budgets, both operational and capital expenditures.
Monitors budget on an ongoing basis.
- Assist staff develop and monitor quality assurance indicators
for each department.
- Coordinates development and has ultimate responsibility for
formalizing Cardiology program revenue budgets based on anticipated
volume, acuity and case mix.
- Presents Cardiology expense budgets, variances, and
justifications to Associate Administrator.
- Remains current on reimbursement and related issues relevant to
Cardiology services and educates staff accordingly.
- Manages staff productivity.
- Develop and monitor long range goals for each department.
- Develops goals and objectives for department that are
consistent with organizational strategies.
- Plan and implement new services in conjunction with the
Associate Administrator. Provide leadership role in the development
and oversight of any expansion and construction that may be
necessary to maintain our position as a Center of Excellence.
- Project volumes for CV procedures for budget purposes.
- Coordinates and communicates the impact of Hospital's primary
care initiatives and ambulatory care
- expansions in Cardiology programs.
- Coordinates the evaluation of new products within the
Cardiology Product Line.
- Maintains and obtains Cardiovascular Accreditations, i.e. Chest
Pain, ACC to differentiate our programs within the community.
- Monitor and assist in marketing Cardiovascular Services to
ensure continued service line success and growth.
- Works with Marketing to develop brochures, pamphlets, etc., on
- Plan and organize yearly health fair, along with community
education programs for service line.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with associated department
managers/directors and physicians in order to maintain the
Cardiovascular Product Line.
- Serves as a liaison between Hospital management and the
cardiology medical staff. Leads Department meeting and appropriate
Department Medicine/Cardiology functions.
- Acts as liaison between nurse managers/directors, and
- Works closely with physicians in identification of new business
opportunities and develop plans or business plans for such.
- Monitor, evaluate and implement actions necessary to meet
Quality Assurance Standards for the cardiovascular
- Assist department supervisors with setting up and maintaining
quality assurance indicators.
- Sit on the sub-committee for credentialing physicians for
- Participate in CV medical care evaluation committee. Describe
the kind and level ofcontacts required of the incumbent on this
job. Internal contacts: Include but notlimited to physicians,
patients, management staff, ancillary departments,nursing, support
departments, and administration. External contacts:Physicians,
vendors, representatives from other hospitals, patients and/ortheir
families, managed care staff. Decisions made independently
- Determines fiscal feasibility of new or expanding cardiology
services and/or programs.
- Decides when and how to intervene with physicians regarding U.R
and Q.A. procedure. What does incumbent refer to hissupervisor for
approval or final disposition?
- Recommendation on implementing new programs.
- Major deviations from budget
- Strategic plans
- Significant quality assurance issues
- Requests for capital purchases If supervisory, what are the
dutieswith respect to employee development, placement, work
assignments, salary administration?
- The incumbent has the ability to hire, develop, appraise and
discipline all subordinates. Qualifications Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred (MBA, MHA,
MSN). Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current
registration. CCU courses, CPR courses with current status.
Continuing education courses relating to cardiology and management
skills. Minimum Experience: Experience of two or more years in
clinical service development, preferably Cardiology, is essential.
Management experience in a large, acute care setting is highly
desirable. Two years Staff Nurse- Coronary Care Unit, two years
Cath lab Staff Nurse, R.N. and minimum one-year management
experience, or three years radiologic technology working in Cath
Lab. Licensure/Certification: Current New Mexico or compact RN
license or holds and maintains current registry certificate of the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Holds and maintains
current New Mexico State Certificate as a Radiographic Radiologic
Technologist. CPR certification. ACLS provider. Job Knowledge:
General and cardiac theory. Management principles. Operation and
maintenance of all departmental equipment. Thorough knowledge of
all procedures and complications in the Cath Lab, and Cardiology
diagnostic procedures. Job Select a valid job field Primary
Location New Mexico-Las Cruces Schedule Full-time Work Schedule Day
shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Las Cruces , Director - Cardiovascular Services, Executive , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!