Company: Marriott Vacations Worldwide
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others'
vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world
premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at
destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver
unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Seeking enthusiastic and proactive individual for management of a
small, 29 unit condominium property called Las Brisas de Santa Fe
located in the heart of Sante Fe, New Mexico, within walking
distance of the Historic Santa Fe Square. -Las Brisas de Santa Fe
is an authentic adobe construction resort voted the No. 2 city
destination in 2021 by Travel and Leisure Magazine. (This property
is not located at Crown Point Condominiums) SUMMARY:Responsible for
the overall operation of the resort, including maintaining
professional relationships with owners, Board members, and VRI
staff. -Duties include overseeing the overall safety, security,
maintenance, and service levels of the resort, supervising resort
staff in accordance with all Board and management company policies
and employment law, -ensuring that all financial controls are
maintained, preparing and delivering required reports accurately
and timely, ensuring that all assets and inventories are maintained
and protected, establishing positive relations with the community
and governing agencies, maintaining professional vendor relations,
monitoring and ensuring owner/guest satisfaction, managing owner,
renter and exchange guest reservations, facilitating and achieving
Board directives and goals. Leading by example, the General Manager
builds morale, motivates and trains employees to provide the
highest standards of excellence in hospitality and vacation
ownership. Due to the limited size of this property, the General
Manager will be required to participate in most job functions and
tasks. REPORTS TO: VRI Director of Resort Operations and/or VRI
Vice President of Resort Operations ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:Directs resort staff to achieve the duties listed
below and performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Enforces Board and VRI standards for the health, wellbeing,
safety of employees, owners, guests, visitors, and vendors.
- Practices, promotes, enforces, and achieves Board and VRI core
values, policies, philosophies, and goals.
- Responsible for recruiting new employees for vacant positions
including advertising, interviewing, and verifying qualifications.
Responsible for training, evaluating, motivating, recognizing, and
awarding employees for optimal employee satisfaction and retention.
Also responsible for disciplining up to and including termination
in accordance with employment law and current employee
- Follows and enforces all rules and regulations set forth in the
current Employee Handbook.
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing Board
approved employee policies and procedures in coordination with the
VRI's Director of Resorts.
- Responsible for maintaining services at a level that ensures
owner/guest satisfaction, excellent Customer Service Scores, and
positive comments on social media and travel rating platforms.
- Monitors online reputation and respond to negative
- Maintains expenses within Board-approved annual budget,
reports, and attempts to offset significant variances and reports
same on a timely basis. Assists VRI with budget development and
presentation to the Board.
- Provides oversite of all capital projects, leases, contracts,
and all business concerns on behalf of the Association.
- Performs weekly unit inspections and ongoing common area
inspections and addresses any deficiencies in cleanliness and
maintenance or safety issues.
- Reviews night audits, daily reports, and all financial controls
for accuracy and timely completion.
- Analyzes income statement variances to budget minimally on a
monthly basis to determine favorable and unfavorable trends. -Is
able to explain/account for variances and provides regular reports
to VRI's Director of Resort and the Board. Additionally, must be
proactive in minimizing negative variances and/or take necessary
steps to mitigate future variances.
- Responsible for the approval/verification of all vendor
invoices and the timely submission to VRI for processing and
- Takes an active interest and supports the promotion,
generation, and maximization of rental income for the resort.
- Oversees the assignment of the owner, exchange, and rental
guestrooms based on room availability, use rights, governing
by-laws, and rental policies.
- Meets with staff and reviews occupancy activity, guest
satisfaction, and occupancy reports to determine service level
corrections and recommended policy changes for VRI review and Board
- Ensures timely and complete communication of directives to
department supervisors that include, but are not limited to, any
changes to policies, systems, or operations.
- Promotes the resort within the local community.
- Responds to owners and guests professionally and with empathy
to resolve problems or complaints. - Handles special requests and
unusual circumstances with compassion and understanding in order to
maintain overall owner and guest satisfaction. -
- Immediately advises VRI's Director of Resorts of any unusual
and/or material event.
- Serves as liaison between owners, exchange company(ies), and
VRI. - Provides information and assistance to owners inquiring
about use rights, policies, management services, and exchange
company policies and procedures.
- Answers questions pertaining to payment of assessments and
fees. Contacts owners whose fees are delinquent prior to the
submission of their account to the approved outside collection
agency. -Works to resolve payment errors or disputes within
Assessment Billing and Collection policy guidelines. Establishes
payment plans and other Board approved account resolution
initiatives in accordance with said policy.
- Reviews monthly exchange company CSI reports, internal comment
cards, and online postings with staff. - Monitors trends and
reports same along with any recommended changes to policies or
services to VRI's Director of Resorts and the Board.
- Responsible for ensuring staff compliance with all required
health and safety meetings/classes.
- Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
KEY POINTS & EXPECTATIONS
- LEADERSHIP - Leads Direct Reports by example with a positive
attitude, ethics, responsiveness, and work product accuracy. -
Consistently strives for excellence. Monitors VRI's performance,
taking responsibility for, and action to, correct service errors by
working and communicating constructively with departmental
- PROFESSIONALISM - Reflects and promotes VRI Americas'
industry-leading standing in all interactions with subordinates,
clients, peers, affiliates, and competitors. -
- WORKFLOW - Optimizes productivity by seeking to streamline
workflow and continually refining personal, organizational
- ATTENTION TO DETAIL - Performs regular resort and unit
inspections, anticipates problems, and evaluates facility and
service standards from a "Guest" perspective.
- MULTI-TASKING -Organizes, prioritizes, and effectively executes
simultaneous assignments and tasks. QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School graduate and working knowledge of hotel and
- Must have a working knowledge of computerized reservation
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with owners,
guests, Board members, and the public.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence via
personal use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to speak effectively to groups, guests, and employees
of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions, percentages, and payments. - Ability to apply concepts
of basic business math.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in mathematical
form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to properly and safely lift 30 pounds. Marriott
Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to
hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive
Keywords: Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Las Cruces , General Manager, Executive , Ruidoso, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!