VP, Data Engineering Manager
Company: LPL Financial
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you
interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work
with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a
team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so,
LPL Financial is the place for you!LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was
founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor,
and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the
markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors,
800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA
firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the
advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access
to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL,
independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to
choose the business model, services, and technology resources that
allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom
to manage their client relationships, because they know their
clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can
take care of their clients.Job Overview:We are looking to hire a
VP, Data Engineering Manager in the Enterprise Data organization
under the direction of the SVP of Transformation, Innovation and
Enablement. This position will develop strategies and roadmaps for
modernizing and remediating existing legacy platforms by leveraging
existing as well as implementing new data platform capabilities.
This position will involve collaboration with business partners,
Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and others to
plan, design, develop and implement solutions for these
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best
practices for the full software development life cycle, including
coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build
processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g.
Java, Python, Ruby)
- Highly proficient in SQL and knowledgeable about data
acquisition, ingestion and processing concepts.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Build new or extend data platform components as part of the LPL
Enterprise Data Platform.
- Solution / Design may be custom or involve one or multiple
- Use appropriate tools to document and communicate designs.
Evaluate system impacts beyond the scope of specified change.
- Define and Develop new AWS cloud based data ingestion platform
based on requirements gathering. Development includes unit testing
and may involve using one or multiple tools.
- Ensure the quality of developed and delivered applications.
Create and document unit test scripts. May review scripts prepared
by other application developers. Assist in the processing of test
scripts. Ensure proper change control procedures are followed.
- Proactively look for tools and methods to improve the operation
of the data platform components (i.e. Micro-services/Kubernetes,
- Assist with conceptual design and rough order of magnitude
(ROM) level of effort estimations
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is
maintained in an appropriate manner.
- Work with technology teams and business teams to ensure
operational readiness of systems.
- Provide periodic status updates to project leaders and
- Provide mentorship / coaching to other data team members.
- Maintain current technical skills and develop new skills
through formal and informal skills development regimens.
- Provide hands on technology leadership / People management
(25%)What are we looking for?We want strong collaborators who can
deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people
who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team
oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages
creativity and continuous improvement.Requirements:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience hiring and managing teams of
- 6+ years as a hands-on Data Engineer utilizing common ETL tools
like Informatica, Talend or similar.
- Experience with on premise and cloud based data integration
tools and techniques as well as transforming legacy monolithic
applications to a scalable and resilient architecture. Experience
with cloud data lake and warehouse technologiesCore Competencies:
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze and
break down components to identify a root cause
- Strong project lead skills with ability to accurately estimate
development and testing efforts, identify tasks on the critical
path, and asses risk in the overall project
- Proven experience in On-Premise, AWS or Azure Cloud and Hybrid
- Experience with Agile software development
- Database programming (NoSQL, SQL Server/Oracle/DB2)
- Experience developing web applications using Azure functions,
AWS Lambda and Azure DevOps
- Knowledge of Metadata and Data Lineage
- Experience with design and implementation of DevOps and CI/CD
- Experience with design, implementation and lead adoption of
containers technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with web design and development using frameworks
(node.js, angular, express.js, react.js)
- Experience with using JMeter, BlazeMeter or similar performance
- Experience working with Jira, Jenkins, GitHub / Bitbucket, TFS,
Junit or Other Unit Test frameworks
- Experience with Snowflake and RedshiftWhy LPL?At LPL, we
believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for
everyone. As the nation's leading independent broker-dealer, we
offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage,
and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work
environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a
leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the
opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing
potential.We are one team on one mission. We take care of our
advisors, so they can take care of their clients.Because our
company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the
opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting
workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and
backgrounds of our employees. We also care for our communities, and
we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an
environment in which you can do your best work.Want to hear from
our employees on what it's like to work at LPL? Watch this!We take
social responsibility seriously. Learn more hereWant to see info on
our benefits? Learn more hereJoin the LPL team and help us make a
difference by turning life's aspirations into financial realities.
Please log in or create an account to apply to this position.
Principals only. EOE.Information on Interviews:LPL will only
communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com
email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a
chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form
of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an
applicant's bank or credit card. Should you have any questions
regarding the application process, please contact LPL's Human
Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.
Keywords: LPL Financial, Las Cruces , VP, Data Engineering Manager, Executive , Chaparral, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!