Behavioral Health Counselor
Company: Corizon Health
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 12, 2022
About Corizon Health:Correctional healthcare is not just a job.
It's a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise.Responsibilities:Below is a list of your responsibilities
as a Behavioral Health Counselor with Corizon Health:
Maintains a caseload of patients from both the inpatient and
- Provides therapeutic interventions including supportive
counseling on an individual and group basis as appropriate.
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives
of programs and projects. May direct special projects as
- Provides the necessary preparation of documentation, necessary
records and reports.
- Participates in and conducts in-service programs, as well as
assists in the orientation of new staff.
- Attends staff meetings.
- Responsible for the obtaining of information for comprehensive
- Performs other related duties at the request of the Clinical
- Provide psycho-educational training.
- Provide life-skills training.
- Coordinate discharges from Mental Health Unit.
- Maintain required documentation.
- Crisis intervention.
- Consult with psychiatric, psychology and/or medical staff and
security concerning coordinated patient care.Corizon Benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education ReimbursementExperience & Requirements:
- Graduation from a master's level program in social work or
related field, accredited by the counsel for social work.
- Minimum of two years employment in a social work capacity in a
public or private agency or equivalent.
- Professional license/certification to perform job duties as
required by the state.
- Must receive a satisfactory background investigation report.A
background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws,
qualified applicants are considered for all positions without
regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual
orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran
status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans
Keywords: Corizon Health, Las Cruces , Behavioral Health Counselor, Healthcare , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!