Medical Technologist - Laboratory job in Mescalero, NM
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Medical Technologist (MT) Local Job
The Medical Technologist (MT) maintains current professional
knowledge and skills to perform testing as a generalist, including
chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, serology, and basic
microbiology and blood banking. Responsible for producing high
quality, accurate test results in an efficient manner consistent
with laboratory and hospital policy. The MT is responsible for
performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in
one or more sections of the laboratory using automated equipment,
manual testing, and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in
diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Medical Technologist (MT) Responsibilities:
- Medical Tech analyzes the tests that have been performed and
provides relevant results that may pertain in diagnosis,
prevention, and treatment of diseases.
- Performs and/or assists in performing all assigned qualitative
and quantitative chemical tests on patient blood and body fluids
(inclusive of, but not limited to, chemical, endocrinological,
toxicological, immunological, and other analytes as
- MT sorts, spins, and separates specimens for analysis.
- Complete all required documentation and perform all required
quality assurance/CQI procedures. Log, enter, verify, and validate
all requisite data in computerized clinical system or on manual
records. Records and reports abnormal findings ("critical values")
to supervisor(s) and respective clinical providers and
- MT maintains records of patient test results, quality control,
- Performs ongoing daily quality assurance/CQI static functions
in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure
safety, environmental, and infection control and compliance with
requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Medical Technologist understands principles involved in test
reactions and understands laboratory procedures.
- Perform and document quality control procedures for each test
performed. Documents all quality control failures and corrective
- MT performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and
solves problems or determines alternative solutions for analysis if
needed and reports all deviations from established procedure to the
Coordinator. Investigates testing problems/errors and informs
Department Coordinator of all irregularities, errors of instrument
failure, and measures taken to solve problem.
- Check the blood group and blood type and help in successful
blood transfusion for patients suffering from severe
- Monitor and maintain all equipment and ensure that required
chemicals and infrastructure are available in the
- Medical Technologist receives, labels, and processes patient
specimens, entering requisite information into section computerized
system in accordance with set procedures.
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Las Cruces , Medical Technologist - Laboratory job in Mescalero, NM, Healthcare , Mescalero, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!