Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Las Cruces Post-Acute Care & Rehabilitaton ofCascadia
Company: Cascadia Services, LLC
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Las Cruces Post-Acute Care & Rehabilitation of Cascadia is looking
for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our team of dedicated
healthcare professionals to be a FORCE for Good in Las Cruces, New
Position SummaryUnder the direction of an RN, the LPN provides
individual and family-centered nursing care and treatment to
elderly, acutely ill, or injured residents. Integrates technical
skills and theoretical knowledge to meet the individual needs of
residents and families. Assists the health care team with the
prevention of illness and injury, maintenance of wellness, and
provision of comfort.
- Provides direct care and/or assists with care as directed and
consistent with their scope of practice and competency. Initiates
the SBAR process and collaborate with the RN for assessment and
recommendations. Makes rounds with physicians and other team
members, as needed.
- Participates in resident evaluations and care planning
activities, reviews and revises residents' assessments and care
plans as needed to the extent permitted by state nurse practice
act. Coordinates residents' care activities and communicates
changes to other team members and resident family/significant
other. Oversees Medication Aide/Tech in medication/treatment
administration. Administers treatments.
- Reviews, transcribes, communicates and implements physician
orders, obtaining RN signature as required by state regulations.
Communicates with resident's physician. Assists with emergencies;
administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Documents care performed and observations of resident status in
the clinical record promptly by utilizing standard clinical
documentation guidelines as required by the company, and local,
state and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in medication management to promote optimal safety
and effectiveness for residents by
- administering medications as ordered, including next scheduled
dose following admission/readmission.
- Notifying Charge Nurse of medications not available;
- Preparing, administering and documenting medications as
- Observing and reporting resident responses to medication;
- Identifying and promptly communicating adverse drug
- Maintaining narcotic records accurately within scope of
- Completing medication interchange and insurance prior to
authorization as assigned;
- Ordering or arranging for ordering of pharmaceuticals;
- Notifying physicians of automatic stop orders;
- Completing recapitulated physician orders review, as assigned;
- Cleaning, organizing and replenishing supplies on
medication/treatment carts after each use and prior to shift
- Completes clinical admission paperwork for new admissions.
- Initiates and assists consultants while providing services.
Reviews documentation from consultant visit and follows up on
recommendation. Assist with follow up on results of qualitative and
quantitative medical record audits. Communicates and implements
pharmacy review/drug regime review recommendations, as
- Assists with clinical discharge process.
- Ensures punctuality and regular attendance for assigned
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and facility staff.
EducationGraduate of accredited LPN School of Nursing.
Licenses/Certification Current valid LPN license in the state
employed.Valid CPR certification.
ExperienceSix months experience in a long-term care environment
Keywords: Cascadia Services, LLC, Las Cruces , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Las Cruces Post-Acute Care & Rehabilitaton ofCascadia, Healthcare , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!