Certified Nurse Assistant
Company: Addus HomeCare
Location: Silver City
Posted on: January 26, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will provide basic care to clients,
as well as assist them in daily activities/tasks outlined in a
written care plan that is established by the Administrator or CSS
and is kept in the client's home.
* Record pertinent information pertaining to the client's care.
* Remind clients to take medication at the appropriate time.
* Plan and prepare meals according to specific dietary requirements
of the client, and if necessary, feeding the client.
* Assist the client with therapy exercises under the direction of a
* Assist or perform personal care including hair care, oral
hygiene, bathing, grooming, and dressing.
* Assist with ambulation with or without mechanical aids.
* Assist with routine bodily functions such as assisting clients
* Maintain a safe, clean and healthy environment through light
housekeeping including changing bed linens, dusting and vacuuming,
cleaning kitchen and bathroom, providing and emptying bed pans and
* Provide companionship and stimulation for the client including
reading, walks, etc.; and accompanying the client to doctors or
* Turn or reposition patients who are bedridden.
* Examine patient for bruises, blood in urine or other
* Take client's vital signs and recording input and output.
* Observe and report changes in client's condition to the Agency
Director or Service Coordinator.
* Accurately prepare daily records and submitting them to the
office by date due .
* Participates in in-service education programs.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to
access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is
flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS COMPETENCIES:
* A Home Health Aide must have a minimum of one year of personal
care experience which is verifiable through three work references,
and must complete this agency's employment and competency
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Completion of high school or GED certification
* Six months training as a Certified Nurse Aide and complete a
* Must exhibit mature, responsible behavior and understand the need
for patient confidentiality
* Must be able to read, write and speak English
* Must be able to follow direction and accurately report to the
Administrator any changes in client's condition
* Must have available reliable transportation to and from
assignments. May be approved to transport client or run errands in
* Must maintain current credentials, including CPR, First Aide, TB
Test, Physical, Fingerprint Clearance Card, and attend required
in-services or other requirements as mandated by the state or
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Addus HomeCare, Las Cruces , Certified Nurse Assistant, Healthcare , Silver City, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!