Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Las Cruces Post-Acute Care & Rehabilitaton of Cascadia
Company: Cascadia Services, LLC
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description: Las Cruces Post-Acute Care & Rehabilitation of
Cascadia is looking for a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join
our team of dedicated healthcare professionals to be a FORCE for
Good in Las Cruces, New Mexico! Position Summary Under the
direction of an RN, the LPN provides individual and family-centered
nursing care and treatment to elderly, acutely ill, or injured
residents. Integrates technical skills and theoretical knowledge to
meet the individual needs of residents and families. Assists the
health care team with the prevention of illness and injury,
maintenance of wellness, and provision of comfort. Essential
- Provides direct care and/or assists with care as directed and
consistent with their scope of practice and competency. Initiates
the SBAR process and collaborate with the RN for assessment and
recommendations. Makes rounds with physicians and other team
members, as needed.
- Participates in resident evaluations and care planning
activities, reviews and revises residents' assessments and care
plans as needed to the extent permitted by state nurse practice
act. Coordinates residents' care activities and communicates
changes to other team members and resident family/significant
other. Oversees Medication Aide/Tech in medication/treatment
administration. Administers treatments.
- Reviews, transcribes, communicates and implements physician
orders, obtaining RN signature as required by state regulations.
Communicates with resident's physician. Assists with emergencies;
administers cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Documents care performed and observations of resident status in
the clinical record promptly by utilizing standard clinical
documentation guidelines as required by the company, and local,
state and federal rules and regulations.
- Participates in medication management to promote optimal safety
and effectiveness for residents by
- administering medications as ordered, including next scheduled
dose following admission/readmission.
- Notifying Charge Nurse of medications not available;
- Preparing, administering and documenting medications as
- Observing and reporting resident responses to medication;
- Identifying and promptly communicating adverse drug
- Maintaining narcotic records accurately within scope of
- Completing medication interchange and insurance prior to
authorization as assigned;
- Ordering or arranging for ordering of pharmaceuticals;
- Notifying physicians of automatic stop orders;
- Completing recapitulated physician orders review, as assigned;
- Cleaning, organizing and replenishing supplies on
medication/treatment carts after each use and prior to shift
- Completes clinical admission paperwork for new admissions.
- Initiates and assists consultants while providing services.
Reviews documentation from consultant visit and follows up on
recommendation. Assist with follow up on results of qualitative and
quantitative medical record audits. Communicates and implements
pharmacy review/drug regime review recommendations, as
- Assists with clinical discharge process.
- Ensures punctuality and regular attendance for assigned shifts.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and
procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable
professional standards. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their
family members, and facility staff. PM22 Requirements: Education
Graduate of accredited LPN School of Nursing.
Licenses/Certification Current valid LPN license in the state
employed. Valid CPR certification. Experience Six months experience
in a long-term care environment preferred. PI201206707
Keywords: Cascadia Services, LLC, Las Cruces , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Las Cruces Post-Acute Care & Rehabilitaton of Cascadia, Healthcare , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!