Registered Nurse - Med - Surg - PRN
Company: Memorial Medical Center
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: September 12, 2023
Who We Are:People are our passion and purpose. -Come work where
you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do.
Memorial Medical Center is a 199-bed hospital offering a spectrum
of care, including diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitative
services, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis.Where We
Are:From national parks and monuments to one of the top-rated
farmer's markets in the country, Las Cruces offers a world filled
with natural wonder, year-round excitement and historic proportions
of fun. We are known for our safe and affordable living conditions,
outstanding educational system, and friendly people.Why Choose
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- And much more---Position Summary:
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well
as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given. Monitors, records, and
communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team,
physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral, and
spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient.
- Promotes and supports interventions to ensure patient's rights
are protected, acting as an advocate for patients and their
families. This includes efforts to minimize and ensure the
appropriate use and management of restraint.
- Embraces and actively engages in ongoing efforts to provide
optimal customer service to provide immediate resolution of
patient/customer concerns and complaints.
- Demonstrates awareness of ethical/legal issues as applied to
patients, self and others.
- Articulates and models the values of caring and demonstrates a
Patient Centered Focus.
- Assesses patient's pain and/or level of comfort and provides
prompt intervention specific to the patient's needs.
- Accepts and embodies the role of leader at the point of care
- Maintains a focus on care and service to patients and
- Monitors compliance with standards of care by observation,
verbal reports and written documentation.
- Monitors productivity of assigned units and correlates with
patient census, hours per patient day, patient acuity and
- Evaluates, coaches and counsels the team members assigned.
- Associate's degree is required. Graduate of a School of Nursing
program. Bachelor's degree and Master's degree is preferred.
- Current license as an RN in New Mexico or compact license
required. NM GN permit to practice acceptable for 90 days.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life
Support (ACLS) is required.
- ACLS is required for all areas where moderate sedation is
- New Hires/Transfers: Requires that BLS certification must be
obtained within 90 days of employment and 1 year for ACLS.
- If currently certified, must maintain current certification.
Certification or completion courses must meet the standards of
Memorial Medical Center. Experience in Acute Care is preferred.EEOC
Statement:Memorial Medical Center is committed to providing Equal
Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and
complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination
against any employee or applicant for employment because of color,
race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic
information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status
or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Memorial Medical Center, Las Cruces , Registered Nurse - Med - Surg - PRN, Healthcare , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!