Registered Nurse - Observation - PRN
Company: Memorial Medical Center
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Who We Are: People are our passion and purpose. Come work where
you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do.
Memorial Medical Center is a 199-bed hospital offering a spectrum
of care, including diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitative
services, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Where We Are:
From national parks and monuments to one of the top-rated farmer's
markets in the country, Las Cruces offers a world filled with
natural wonder, year-round excitement and historic proportions of
fun. We are known for our safe and affordable living conditions,
outstanding educational system, and friendly people. Why Choose Us:
------------------ Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K
Benefits for full-time employees ------------------ Competitive
Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time
employees ------------------ Employee Assistance Program - mental,
physical, and financial wellness assistance ------------------
Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
------------------ Professional Development and Growth
Opportunities ------------------ And much more--- Position
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well
as other medical care treatment. Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and
spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition,
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient.
- Promotes and supports interventions to ensure patient's rights
are protected, acting as an advocate for patients and their
families. This includes efforts to minimize and ensure the
appropriate use and management of restraint.
- Embraces and actively engages in ongoing efforts to provide
optimal customer service to provide immediate resolution of
patient/customer concerns and complaints.
- Demonstrates awareness of ethical/legal issues as applied to
patients, self and others. Articulates and models the values of
caring and demonstrates a Patient Centered Focus. Monitors
compliance with standards of care by observation, verbal reports
and written documentation.
- Monitors productivity of assigned units and correlates with
patient census, hours per patient day, patient acuity and
- Evaluates, coaches and counsels the team members assigned.
- -- -- -- --Associate's degree is required. Graduate of a School
of Nursing program. Bachelor's degree and Master's degree is
- ---- -- -- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular
Life Support (ACLS) is required.
- -- -- -- --ACLS is required for all areas where moderate
sedation is performed.
- -- -- -- --Neonatal Resuscitation Provider - New
Hires/Transfers: Requires that BLS certification must be obtained
within 90 days of employment and 1 year for ACLS. If currently
certified, must maintain current certification. Certification or
completion courses must meet the standards of Memorial Medical
- -- -- -- --Experience in Acute Care is preferred.
- -- -- -- --Licenses: Current license as an RN in New Mexico or
compact license required. NM GN permit to practice acceptable for
90 days. EEOC Statement: Memorial Medical Center is committed to
providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and
employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment
because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin,
disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. Equal opportunity and
affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in
candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Memorial Medical Center, Las Cruces , Registered Nurse - Observation - PRN, Healthcare , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!