Director of Recruitment & Retention
Company: Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSummaryUnder the supervision of the Assistant
Vice President of Enrollment Services, the position is responsible
for the recruitment and retention of prospective students. Duties
include campus tours, travel to/participation with recruitment
events, oversight of the College's existing pathway programs, and
directing the planning and implementation of the College's
recruitment and retention plan. Job Description:
- Plan, develop, and implement departmental goals, action
objectives and strategies to meet annual and long term goals and
objectives, in accordance with the College's strategic plan.
- Demonstrate leadership and provide direction to market
instructional programs and develop recruitment, retention and
outreach, in coordination with various College departments such as
the Office of Admissions, Student Affairs and
Marketing/Communications. Promote the College programs and
disseminate appropriate information. Lead and actively participate
in recruiting new applicants in target markets.
- In collaboration with the Director of Admissions, develop an
annual recruiting and retention plan to identify potential target
audiences for specific recruitment and identify and communicate
changes related to admission, recruitment, and outreach issues
(e.g., limited enrollment program updates, etc.) to prospective
students, staff members and employees. Include social media plans
for outreach and recruitment strategies.
- Orchestrate the planning and participation in recruitment and
retention activities and collaborate with the Office of Admissions
and the Office of Student Affairs as necessary. Perform necessary
assessment and evaluation of programs and services, as needed.
- Coordinate the campus and community recruiting activities with
other College departments, as well as outreach to middle/high
school students, and undergraduate college admission advisors.
- Organize and actively participate in recruitment efforts and
related techniques with the academic departments to assist in
reaching enrollment goals and projections, diversity, and specific
- In collaboration with the Office of Admissions, develop
marketing and promotion of academic programs, web/electronic tools,
brochures, flyers, Assist other personnel and departments with data
collection and problem solving.
- Participate in appropriate recruitment and enrollment
activities including: open houses, regional presentations, training
sessions, orientation programs, career days, etc.
- Oversight of existing pathway programs; development of
additional pathway programs in accordance with the College's
strategic plan and approval of the College Dean.
- Attend all Admissions Governance Council Meetings.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- Experience working in an academic/university setting.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in order to work with
potential applicants, advisors, etc.
- Ability to organize time, plan programs and large group
- Must have the ability to relate well with a diverse student
population and other constituencies.
- Ability to maintain high energy level and enthusiasm for the
- Ability to respond to difficult situations calmly and with
- Respect for and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel throughout the year, including weekends and
evenings.Note: Applicants must currently be authorized to lawfully
work in the United States on a full-time basis.Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled; however, review of resumes
is scheduled to begin immediately. Salary is commensurate with
experience. EOE.Applications should be submitted by electronic
submission to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of
Human Resources, see link below to visit the Career Opportunities
page on the Burrell website.
https://bcomnm.org/employment-opportunities/Burrell College of
Osteopathic Medicine is an equal opportunity employerand values
diversity in our faculty and staff as an important aspect of the
educational process. BCOM encourages individuals with varied
backgrounds and experience to apply.Powered by
Keywords: Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine, Las Cruces , Director of Recruitment & Retention, Human Resources , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!