Human Resources Specialist
Company: Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 23, 2023
"Para la gente, y el futuro! - For the people, and the future!"
-2022 Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award
recipient from INSIGHT into DiversityThe Human Resources (HR)
Specialist performs professional-level work related to the
development and administration of workplace relations and other
HR-related duties as assigned. - This position will develop an
environment of trust, accountability, and confidentiality by
building strong relationships with employees and supervisors. -
This position will serve as an objective third party and implement
workplace relations best practices and strategies while ensuring
compliance with policies and external legal requirements and
- This position is exempt.
- This position reports to the Assistant Vice President of Human
Resources (AVP, HR), although they will work closely with the
Director of Employment, the HR Generalist, and other HR Office
personnel. - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and assists with various aspects of performance
management, including providing input, offering supervisor
consultation, and coordinating training during the performance
- Manage the process for Performance Improvement Plans.
- Assists in planning and executing training initiatives,
including coordinating and/or delivering on-site training sessions
and researching and recommending training for employee development.
- Oversight of the training program is the responsibility of the
Director of Employment.
- Conduct workplace investigations and provide a variety of
support and counsel to supervisors on disciplinary matters.
- Work directly with the Office of Compliance in responding to
HR-related grievances and informal concerns and assisting
supervisors with responses.
- Participate in the employee onboarding process during the first
day and thereafter as appropriate.
- Participate in the employment separation process including
conducting exit meetings, summarizing findings, and discussing
trends and concerns with the AVP, HR. - Work directly with the
Director of Employment and the HR Generalist to ensure the
offboarding flow is completed.
- Oversee the administration of employee service award program,
tuition assistance program, workers' compensation, and leave
programs (i.e., FMLA, Short-Term/Long-Term Disability, leave
without pay, leave of absences, etc.), with the assistance of the
- Review payroll processing.
- Assist with the biannual compensation reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Other skills important to this
- Proficient in HRIS systems
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems
or issues by using judgment that is consistent with policies,
regulations, and government law.
- Ability to effectively coach employees and lead management
through issues that may be complex, difficult, and emotional.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines
including employee relations, performance management, compensation
practices, and federal and state employment laws.
- High degree of professionalism and the ability to maintain
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal
- Strong team player
- Commitment to company values
- Basic computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office Minimum
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree (a combination of education and
additional applicable experience may be considered)
- Licensure or certification: Human Resources Professional
certification (i.e. SHRM-CP or PHR) is required, or the ability to
obtain such certification within the first year of employment.
Experience: At least 3 years of
experience in Human Resources, with a minimum of 2 years conducting
Human Resource related investigations. - Experience with conducting
and directing employee training/ development activities.Note:
Applicants must currently be authorized to lawfully work in the
United States on a full-time basis.Applications will be accepted
until the position is filled; however, a review of resumes is
scheduled to begin immediately. -Salary is commensurate with
experience. EOE.Applications should be submitted by electronic
submission to the Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine Office of
Human Resources, see the link below or visit the Career
Opportunities page on the Burrell website.
https://bcomnm.org/employment-opportunities/Burrell College of
Osteopathic Medicine is an equal-opportunity employer
and values diversity in our faculty and staff as an important
aspect of the educational process. -
BCOM encourages individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences
to apply.Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine, Las Cruces , Human Resources Specialist, Human Resources , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...