Software Engineer (C++ or Java)
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: February 15, 2020
Peraton has an immediate opening for a Software Engineer who
will join our team at the White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
Your role in this position will include software requirements
gathering, software design, development, troubleshooting and
Peraton is the prime contractor on the SENSE contract for NASA at
the White Sands Complex near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here
are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The
White Sands Ground Terminal, and the second TDRSS Ground Terminal.
These two terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between
various ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data
Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. The WSC also serves
as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers
and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
What you'll do---
* Performs systems modeling, simulation and analysis to provide
appropriate software solutions.
* Provides input for documentation of new or existing programs to
ensure information accessibility, as required.
* Participates in designing, developing, troubleshooting and
analyzing software programs that operate with hardware systems.
* Assists in customizing purchased applications and assists in
maintaining program libraries and manuals based on research and
* Provides feedback and reports to management on the status and
availability of software and hardware to ensure proper
* Works with customer(s) to provide hands-on first level
You'd be a great fit if you have---
* A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics
or related technical field.
* 2+ years' experience in software engineering with Linux operating
* 2+ years' experience working with object-oriented coding
languages such as C++ or Java.
* 2+ years' experience working with software design principles.
* Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
It'd be even better if you have---
* 5+ years' experience in software engineering with Linux operating
* 2+ years' experience with SQL databases.
* A willingness to learn and remain agile in a dynamic
* The ability to work in a team environment.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills for design, creation and
testing of software.
* Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team
What you'll get---
* An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
* Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
* Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
* Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
* Paid maternity and paternity leave
* Company-paid infertility treatments
* Cross-training and professional development opportunities
* The ability to influence major initiatives
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and
maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a
clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Software Engineer (C++ or Java), IT / Software / Systems , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!