Field Service Engineer /Active Secret
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: November 23, 2020
We are seeking a Field Engineering Specialist to support the
Technical Operations and Analysis Department at the White Sand
Complex supporting our Space Exploration Network Services and
Evolution (SENSE) contract. As prime contractor on the SENSE
contract, Peraton is responsible for the operation, maintenance,
sustainment and systems engineering of NASA's worldwide satellite
What you'll do---
* Characterize the performance of state-of-the-art NASA ground
* Develop or support the development of test code to evaluate
and/or automate modem performance during complex test scenarios
* Review requirements and interface control documents
* Integrate modems and test equipment
* Monitor and troubleshoot digital IF and baseband packets
* Develop test plans, procedures and reports
* Provide the technical interface between WSC and customers that
utilize the Space Network
* Provides sustaining engineering support for ground systems
hardware, software, and firmware, and resolve issues with customer
* Provide inputs to mission presentations and documentation such
as: Mission Operational Readiness Reviews (MORRs), Network
Requirements Documents (NRDs), Lessons Learned Reviews (LLRs),
* Position is subject to support events that occur during night
shift and weekends.
* Position may require travel to customer technical interchange
meetings and network support meetings.
* An Associate's degree and 5 years of RF communications or
satellite operations environment.
* In lieu of formal education, 3 years of additional related
experience is allowable.
* Experience with two or more of the following:
* RF and Signal propagation, modulation and coding schema and/or
digital signal processing
* WB/NB Modems
* Networking, networking analysis tools (e.g. WireShark)
* Code development/scripting (Python is preferred)
* Commercial analysis products (STK, MATLAB and SIMULINK)
* Programmable telemetry processors
* Performed signal measurements with spectrum analyzers,
oscilloscopes, power meters, or other RF test equipment
* This position requires you to have an active Secret security
clearance and to maintain the clearance thereafter.
* An interim Secret is acceptable to start.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or other related
* Experience working on the TDRS program.
* Experience with software radio transport protocols such as
* Proficient with the use of OS tools on both Linux and Windows
* Ability to follow detailed work instructions and/or test
* Strong communication skills for interfacing with internal and
* A self-starter with strong technical problem solving skills with
the ability to work independently or with a team.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Field Service Engineer /Active Secret, IT / Software / Systems , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!