Virtual Machine (VM) Systems Administrator
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: March 16, 2019
Overview Peraton is seeking a VM System Administrator for a classified program to provide timely and effective System Administration (SA) and Infrastructure Service Provider (ISP) support. Responsibilities include support to Operation and Sustainment (O&S), Configuration Management, and Computer Security Configuration and Accreditation activities.
- Maintaining smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
- Monitoring and managing system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
- Performing systems security administration functions, including creating user profiles and accounts.
- Developing and monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Design and implementation of systems, mission architecture, and associated hardware
- Other duties such as setting up administrator accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, allocating mass storage space, coordinating installations, and providing system backup/recovery.
- Bachelor's Degree (or the equivalent work experience) with a minimum 11 years' experience in the following:
- Administration of Virtual machines resources and services (i.e.: VMware, cloud (C2S, SC2S, UC2S, & AWS)
- Working knowledge of maintaining the security baseline for JWICS, SIPR, unclassified and other network infrastructures IAW ICD 503
- Performing Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA)/Information Assurance Vulnerability, Management (IAVM), Host Based Security System (HBSS), and Assured Compliance, Assessment Solution (ACAS) compliance on system
- Current TS/SCI clearance
About Peraton Peraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
EEO Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Virtual Machine (VM) Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!