Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Peraton is looking for a Database Administrator who will be
responsible for the maintenance and configuration of multiple
operational databases, as well as serve as the subject matter
expert for database implementation as part of the Space Network
Ground Segment Sustainment (SGSS) project. The position is located
at the NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
What you'll do...
- Design, develop, program, install, test, document, implement,
conduct research for and maintain computer database systems and
- Analyze internal or external customer's needs and determine
equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by
means of automated systems.
- Develop customized solution to customer/user problems.
- Establish system parameters and formats, ensure hardware and
software compatibility, and coordinate and/or modify user
requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity
- Revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies
and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output
requirements, and storage. May include setting up user accounts,
maintaining documentation and installing system-wide software and
allocation of mass storage space.
- Coordinate electronic office systems activities.
- Contribute to the development of policies and monitors policies
and standards for allocation and use.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan for area of
- Carries out responsibilities in compliance within established
Additional skillsets and responsibilities:
- Prior Red Hat Enterprise (RHEL), and MS Windows system
administration experience not required, but is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of distributed file systems and disk quota
- Experience with VMWare product suite not required but is a
- Experience with system event log configuration
- Creation and publication of local operating procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and provide deliverables by
You'd be a great fit if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, or
other related science.
- 3 years' experience Oracle database management
- 3 years' experience MySQL database management.
- 3 years' experience MS SQL Server database management
- 3 years' experience PostgreSQL database management
It'd be even better if you have...
- A Security + certification.
- Experience, or ability to learn in a large scale, dynamic
environment requiring immediate problem response.
- Experience in root cause analysis.
- Experience in performing credentialed scans utilizing Tenable
Nessus Pro Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and
maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a
clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!