Systems Administrator (Windows/Linux)
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Peraton is looking for a System Administrator who will be
responsible for maintaining MS Windows and Red Hat servers and
workstations, as well as demonstrate best IT security concepts and
practices for an awarded task order. The position is located at the
NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
What you'll do...
Designs, develops, programs, installs, tests, documents,
implements, conducts research for and maintains computer systems
and utilities. Analyzes internal or external customer's needs, and
determines equipment and software requirements for solutions to
problems by means of automated systems. Develops customized
solutions to customer/user problems. Establishes system parameters
and formats, ensures hardware and software compatibility, and
coordinates and/or modifies user requirements in terms of existing
and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing
systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more
effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and
storage. Maintains smooth operation of a multi-user computer
system, including local area networks. May include setting up user
accounts, maintaining documentation and installing system-wide
software and allocation of mass storage space. Coordinates
electronic office systems activities. Recommends HW/SW purchases
and coordinates installation. Trains users. Contributes to the
development of policies and monitors policies and standards for
allocation and use. Develop and maintain disaster recovery plan for
area of responsibility. Carries out responsibilities in compliance
within established security guidelines.
Additional skillsets and responsibilities:
- Prior MS Windows system administration experience,
- Active directory experience in Server 2008R2/2012R2/2016
- GPO creation and management
- WSUS management
- IIS management
- Prior Red Hat Enterprise (RHEL) system administration
- RPM patch management (Spacewalk experience a plus)
- Shell scripting
- Knowledge of distributed file systems and disk quota
- Experience with VMWare product suite, including
- ESXi Server infrastructure
- vCenter configuration and management knowledge
- vMotion configuration and management knowledge
- Experience with SIEM tools a strong plus
- Experience with industry-wide IT security tools, appliances,
and software packages
- Experience with server monitoring, capacity management, and
event alert response
- Experience with system event log configuration
- Basic knowledge of packet routing, and firewall
- Creation and publication of local operating procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and provide deliverables by
You'd be a great fit if you have...
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in computer science, or other
- 3 years' experience MS Windows and Red Hat Linux
- 3 years' experience with Linux OS terminal command line.
- 3 years' experience working with cyber (IT) security
It'd be even better if you have...
- Completed Security + certification.
- Experience, or ability to learn in a large scale, dynamic
environment requiring immediate problem response.
- Experience in root cause analysis.
- Experience in performing credentialed scans utilizing Tenable
Nessus Pro Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Solaris or HP-UX not required, but a plus.
What you'll get...
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and
maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a
clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
Are you ready to join the next-generation of national security?
Peraton is a fresh name in the industry with an established
portfolio and legacy going back more than a century. We work
differently than our peers - with agility, the freedom to innovate,
an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of responsibility. As part
of the Peraton team, you'll be part of our movement to build a
great company, solve the most daunting challenges facing mankind
today, to protect and promote freedom around the world, and to
secure our future, for our families, our communities, our nation,
and our way of life.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Systems Administrator (Windows/Linux), IT / Software / Systems , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!