Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a
Geochemist in Las Cruces, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Navarro is seeking an experienced, full-time mid- to senior level
water chemist / geochemist / environmental chemist for soil and
ground water characterization at the NASA White Sands Test
Facility. Geochemistry principles will be applied to soil and water
background evaluations, contaminant fate and transport, leaching
potential and / or leaching studies and conversely attenuation
potential for contaminants in the vadose zone and groundwater,
interpretation of chemistry data from groundwater, soil, and soil
gas samples, and to assess water treatment system (pump and treat)
performance and trends.
* Primary duties will be related to supporting environmental
restoration in the areas of plume migration potential, risk
assessment (such as developing site-specific soil-to-groundwater
leaching scenarios), and Solid Waste Management Unit (SWMU)
* SWMU work will include supporting staff with the preparation of
environmental investigation work plans for groundwater, soil, and
soil vapor to include tests not only to quantify contaminants but
to assess their fate and transport; preparing investigation
reports, field sampling plans, and related documents; and
developing statements of work and related procurement documentation
for environmental investigation and restoration projects.
* Lesser duties include monitoring and directing technician and
subcontractor field work during environmental investigations;
supporting regulatory interaction related to those investigations;
and managing all phases of investigation at specific SWMUs.
* Bachelor s degree in chemistry, geochemistry, hydrogeology, or
geology or a closely related field and at least seven years of
applicable experience. A master s degree in a related field is
* Preference will be given to a candidate with significant field
and technical experience in application of geochemistry and
groundwater modeling principles to organic and inorganic
* The ability to work effectively as part of an integrated team is
necessary, as are excellent written and verbal communication
* Knowledge of HAZWOPER investigations and environmental
regulations (CFR, RCRA, CERCLA, TSCA, and EPA corrective action
guidance) is an asset, as is experience working with the New Mexico
* Must have a valid driver license and be able to obtain and
maintain a security clearance.
* A minimum of three professional references is required.
* Geohydrology / hydrologist training or experience is a plus, and
would be used for maintaining, improving, and running simulations
with WSTF s existing site groundwater model using MODFLOW-SURFACT
and Groundwater Vistas.
* Experience with ArcGIS to prepare maps and related figures to
support environmental investigations is also a plus.
* Must be committed to working safely, supporting Navarro s goal of
zero occupational illnesses, injuries, or environmental releases;
and emphasizing safe working practices when overseeing field
* Fieldwork comprises up to 50% of the assignments and involves
standing for long periods, bending, walking, stooping, lifting
moderate loads, occasional shift work in excess of the standard
WSTF 9-hour day, and potential exposure to adverse outdoor weather
conditions. Occasional travel may be required.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., Las Cruces , Geochemist, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!