Site Specialist Trainee
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 6, 2020
OverviewWe are seeking a Site Specialist (SS) Trainee in Las
Cruces, NM. The Site Specialist (SS) is the Technical Lead and
Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the White Sands Complex (WSC)
ground stations and responsible for leading technical operations
under supervision by the Operations Supervisor (OS).
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: the White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever
growing knowledge of the Earth and the
universe.ResponsibilitiesYou'd be great if you...
- Responsible for each TT&C asset and user services running
at the assigned site.
- Responsible for working with the Communication Services
Controllers, Satellite Controllers and Schedulers guiding them
through anomalies and routine procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring the Data Interface Systems (DIS),
Common Time and Frequency System (CTFS), Demand Access system
(DAS), WSC Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet Protocol
(IP) / Data Interface Service Capability (WDISC), SN Gateway, (SNG)
and the Space Link Equipment (SLE).
- Responsible for operation of the Extended TDRS Ground Terminal
(ETGT), the Australian TDRS Terminal (ATF) and coordinates with the
Ground Equipment Technicians to monitor TDRS Digital Signal
Distribution (TDSD) and other assets.
- Makes recommendations for system configurations and
troubleshooting system anomalies; works closely with the OS and
ground technicians to lead troubleshooting and restoration
- Conducting shift change briefings to inform crew of scheduled
activities and other significant events.
- Complete the certification process, which is typically 3 - 5
months in duration on average, through a combination of in-house
classroom training and On-the-Job (OJT) apprenticeship culminating
in formal job task demonstration and examination.
- Generation of accurate and timely discrepancy reporting for pre
and post anomaly operations.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
QualificationsYou'd be great if you...
- Associate's degree (or equivalent work experience) and 2+
years' of related experience.
- 1+ year experience with Satellite Communications or Network
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- This position will be union and you will be required to
You'd be great if you have...
- Active secret clearance highly desired
- Four year technical degree highly desired.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be motivated, safety minded, and demonstrate a team
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and possess
excellent coordination skills.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret
security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a
US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.About PeratonAt Peraton,
we're at the forefront of delivering the next breakthrough in
national security, every day. We're the partner of choice to help
solve some of the world's most daunting challenges. How? By
thinking differently. We're not mired in the past. We look at all
problems with fresh eyes. We look past the obvious to bring the
best talent, tech, and ideas together to completely transform how
problems are solved. So bring your unique ideas, your
entrepreneurial spirit, and your drive to succeed. Get ready to be
part of something bigger. Get ready to do the can't be done.EEO
StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Site Specialist Trainee, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!