Correctional healthcare is not just a job. Its a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Mental Health
Counselor with Corizon Health:
* Supervises offender case files and ensures that necessary
documents are maintained and filed. Ensures offender records
reflect accuracy and adherence to State/Federal guidelines.
* Supervises intake and discharge procedures for offender
* Responsible for the assessment and development of treatment
plans and progress notes for specific offender caseload.
* Assists in the selection and application of therapeutic
techniques designed to modify offender behaviors.
* Participates in staff meetings and attends training sessions
* Assists in planning type and frequency of services given to
offenders; develops and implements changes in services as
* Ensures that offender confidentiality and offender rights are
* Maintains clinical files for each offender on assigned
caseloads. This includes, but is not limited to:
* Conducts offender assessments and completes necessary
* Updates clinical files after each individual counseling
session, clinical group, or for other reasons pertinent to
management of the case.
* Conducts individual counseling sessions according to the rules
and routines of the program.
* Conducts clinical group sessions including but not limited to
branch groups and special groups.
* Supervise program residents in various departments and job
functions as assigned.
* Conducts behavioral health education seminars and groups.
* Liaison with education programs.
* Daily review and sign-off on all case management
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that
includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching
funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and
* Master's Degree plus two years experience as a Behavioral
* Counseling experience in a Correctional setting preferred
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are
required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment
opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, gender, national origin,
religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran,
or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected