Site Specialist Trainee / Secret Clearance
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: April 8, 2021
We are seeking a Site Specialist (SS) Trainee in Las Cruces, NM.
The Site Specialist (SS) is the Technical Lead and Subject Matter
Expert (SME) for the White Sands Complex (WSC) ground stations and
responsible for leading technical operations under supervision by
the Operations Supervisor (OS).
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex
(WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: the White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASA's orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever
growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
This position is responsible for:
* Responsible for each TT&C asset and user services running at
the assigned site.
* Responsible for working with the Communication Services
Controllers, Satellite Controllers and Schedulers guiding them
through anomalies and routine procedures.
* Responsible for monitoring the Data Interface Systems (DIS),
Common Time and Frequency System (CTFS), Demand Access system
(DAS), WSC Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/Internet Protocol
(IP) / Data Interface Service Capability (WDISC), SN Gateway, (SNG)
and the Space Link Equipment (SLE).
* Responsible for operation of the Extended TDRS Ground Terminal
(ETGT), the Australian TDRS Terminal (ATF) and coordinates with the
Ground Equipment Technicians to monitor TDRS Digital Signal
Distribution (TDSD) and other assets.
* Makes recommendations for system configurations and
troubleshooting system anomalies; works closely with the OS and
ground technicians to lead troubleshooting and restoration
* Conducting shift change briefings to inform crew of scheduled
activities and other significant events.
* Complete the certification process, which is typically 3 - 5
months in duration on average, through a combination of in-house
classroom training and On-the-Job (OJT) apprenticeship culminating
in formal job task demonstration and examination.
* Generation of accurate and timely discrepancy reporting for pre
and post anomaly operations.
* Performs all other duties as assigned.
* Associate's degree (or equivalent work experience) and 2+ years'
of related experience.
* 1+ year experience with Satellite Communications or Network
* This position will be union and you will be required to join.
* Security clearance - this position requires the candidate to have
an active SECRET security clearance and be able to maintain the
* An Interim Secret clearance is acceptable to start.
* Four year technical degree highly desired.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Motivated, safety minded, and demonstrate a team attitude.
* The ability to work well under pressure and possess excellent
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world's
leading mission capability integrator, we are a trusted provider of
highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies
that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued
partner to essential government agencies, including the
Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Health
and Human Services, and NASA. Every day, our 10,000 employees do
the can't be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We
consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran
status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Site Specialist Trainee / Secret Clearance, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!