Company: ASM Global
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 3, 2021
ASM Global , the leader in privately managed public assembly
facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Sales
Manager at the Las Cruces Convention Center. The Sales Manager is
responsible for selling the Las Cruces Convention Center and works
with the departments to ensure growth and expansion of services to
ensure that company sales goals and objectives are met.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
Included but are not limited to the following :
SKILLS REQUIRED : Position requires the ability to :
- Identifies organizations within assigned market segment, which
can be potential customers
- Documents, thoroughly, information relating to contacts and
needs of clients or prospective clients. Assures such files and
database are properly organized and kept up to date using the
department's filing procedures.
- Solicits and sells via telephone, letters, and personal
- Conducts site tours as required and entertains clients as
- Stimulates the constant improvement of selling methods and
- Prepares and delivers written and oral sales presentations to
individuals and/or groups as appropriate.
- Negotiates and prepares contracts outlining all space leased
and rental rates.
- Maintains a positive and professional image and builds an
effective rapport with clients or prospective clients.
- Assists the Director in the implementation of sales plans and
objectives and recommends programs and policies to achieve these
plans and objectives.
- Develops and maintains an accurate, up-to-date and
comprehensive knowledge of the competition in terms of
accessibility, services, meeting rooms available, etc. Effectively
uses this information to accentuate the positive features and
advantages we have as a destination versus other alternatives.
- Follows up with contacts and leads in a timely manner.
- Compose letters and proposals.
- Conduct community outreach and outbound sales
- Attend local industry meetings and seminars as required.
- Attend tradeshow and industry events as required.
- Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events, and
- Contribute to the overall sales objectives by achieving goals
set forth by the Director.
- Assists on special assignments as required by the Director
- Perform related duties as required
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a professional image.
- Tactfully interact with staff, clients, the general public, and
the hospitality community.
- Handle multiple priorities simultaneously
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE : Two years of sales experience,
Bachelor's Degree in Hotel, Marketing and/or Business
Administration, or closely related field. Equivalent in directly
related work experience may be substituted. Have a proven record of
accomplishment of successful meeting and convention selling, as
well as a steady progression of increased responsibilities or
college education or equivalent combination of education and
experience. WORKING ENVIRONMENT/CONDITIONS This section contains
information on working conditions out of the ordinary such as :
- Operate modern office equipment, including but not limit to
computer, phone, and copy machine.
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Operate a motor vehicle, with a valid driver's license
- Office environment.
- Requires sitting and working on the computer as well as the
phone; assisting with duty manager requirements for events which
would include standing and walking;
- Occasionally, bending, stooping, and lifting may be required.
Position may subject to adverse conditions and irregular
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are
described under the headings above. They may be subject to change
at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also,
this document in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the
application process may contact- 915-534-0628
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer,
and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities,
and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA, Federal Contractor
Keywords: ASM Global, Las Cruces , Sales Manager, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!