Attendant - Environmental Services
Company: LifePoint Hospitals
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Environmental Svc Attendant may work in any assignment. The
general responsibilities of the position include those listed below
but may be assigned other responsibilities of the position.
- Cleans patient rooms, nurses' stations, clean and soiled
utility rooms, procedure rooms, common areas, lavatories, halls and
any other areas that may require attention or assigned.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways,
stairs and office space.
- May perform hard-surface floor scrubbing, stripping and
refinishing, as well as carpet spotting and extraction, which
require the use of mechanical equipment.
- Cleans light fixtures, ceilings and vents, walls, mattresses,
furniture, windows and window coverings.
- Will be required to properly and safely use cleaning chemicals
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Replenishes supplies and materials.
- May change sheets and replenish linens.
- May perform routine equipment maintenance and make minor
- May drive a golf cart or other vehicles.
- Moves furniture and sets-up tables and chairs.
- Notifies supervisor concerning any need for any maintenance
repairs or additions observed.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May participate in snow and ice management duties, including
the operation of snow removal equipment
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Minimum Experience: No previous experience required.
Must be able to work rotating shifts including days, evenings,
nights, weekends and holidays. Must be able to read, write and
understand English and be able to walk/stand for up to eight
Qualifications & Requirements
- Knowledge of proper and safe use of applicable custodial
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Appropriate maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Memorial Medical Center's time
and attendance policy and operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Ability to learn and use established techniques for the
efficient and compliant completion of duties.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Must have basic phone and computer skills (email, texting,
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Adequate/reasonable oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well alone and in a team.
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.
Keywords: LifePoint Hospitals, Las Cruces , Attendant - Environmental Services, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!