A&P Technician (Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic)
Company: Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc.
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who we are
Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (NYSE: SPCE), recognizes
that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining
life on our beautiful but fragile planet, lie in making better use
of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our
understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human
ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to
look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the
borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From
space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than
"We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer
twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody
- and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson, Founder,
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will
ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are
exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make
things happen - apply today!
- Assist with development of maintenance manual definition for
vehicle systems and structures.
- Assist with the spaceline GMM development and definition.
- Support training program definition with direct input of
hands-on knowledge from the vehicles via different mediums as
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned maintenance, preventive
maintenance and repair work on the space flight system
- Checks, dismantles, adjusts, overhauls, repairs, fabricates,
removes and installs all parts of aircraft, including propulsion
systems (turbine & rocket), avionics equipment & instruments, fuel
systems, ECS systems, life support systems and mechanical systems
and hydraulic systems.
- Performs machine tool work and/or composite repair work in
connection with the above mechanic maintenance work.
- Shall be required to return an aircraft to service after
maintenance had been performed as allowed by the spaceline GMM and
the privileges of the airframe and powerplant license.
- Shall be required to complete and sign work records in
connection with work performed.
- Inspects parts, sub-assemblies and completed assemblies only to
the extent necessary to determine, accomplish and approve own
- Will be required to, but not limited to be working on base
maintenance type workloads for the spaceline vehicles.
- The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties
to this position.
What you bring
- Must have a valid FAA approved Airframe and Powerplant license
- Must have a valid passport and able to obtain a driver's
- Must be familiar with procedures applicable to the various
phases of maintenance.
- Preferred experience with rocket systems and associated solid
and/or liquid propellants.
- Experience with life support systems (crew and passenger).
- Must be willing to travel and be on-call.
- Must be able to obtain an AOA badge.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of college level education preferred.
- Certifications or similar within aerospace, aviation or
- Graduated from a technical college or other recognized
- Minimum 1-2 years line maintenance experience, 5 years
experience is preferred.
- Experience on narrow body and/or business jet aircraft
- Experience with composite aircraft is preferred although not
required (commercial or military aerospace application).
- Must have the ability to assume responsibility for proper
administration of policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure and thrive in a fast paced
- Must display maturity of action and judgment.
- Good communication skills.
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
- Must be able to work all shifts and available for overtime as
well as weekends when needed.
- Must be able to travel 25% or more of the time.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver
in tight spaces- 3+ hours min.
- Physically able to handle items weighing up to 40lbs
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export
regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22
CFR 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment
with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence
and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by
race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran
status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status,
mental or physical disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc., Las Cruces , A&P Technician (Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic), Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!