Electronic Sales Engineer- Michigan
Company: Phoenix Contact
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: June 10, 2021
ELECTRICAL SALES ENGINEER
Learn and maintain domain expertise for all products within the
Device Connector division. Execute strategic and tactical plans
that support the sales and marketing objectives of the US
Subsidiary and the Device Connector Segment. Increase Phoenix
Contact's brand awareness and market share through the growth of
assigned accounts and development of new accounts.
- Meet/exceed sales growth objectives as established by your
Regional Sales Manager.
- Be proficient in R3 selling skills and implement to build
strong customer relationships.
- Focus on the customer by averaging a minimum of 16 to 20 sales
calls/seminars per week, with at least 50% to assigned
- Utilize CRM as the primary customer planning, reporting,
measurement and opportunity tracking tool.
- Be proficient in, and drive the use of all sales tools provided
to support local markets.
- Active involvement in industry related associations, as well as
distributor, and customer events.
- Demonstrate technical competence on all products/solutions
within area of focus.
- Maintain all corporate policies, procedures, and programs
including quotations, lead follow-up, and timely reporting.
- Work independently to manage and develop channel partners
through utilization of joint sales activities, trainings and mutual
action plans with assigned distributor locations.
- Work with Global and DC Key Account Management and Product
Marketing to implement global/national account strategies in order
to achieve program objectives.
- Drive value-added/custom solutions within assigned account
base, comprised primarily of electronic OEM and EMS accounts.
- Become proficient on interconnect products and applications
including corresponding solutions, to the point of being the
consultant to salesperson's customers and distributors.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding what actions need to be
taken and completing the required tasks while seeking the
perspective of others as required.
- Demonstrate an honest and forthright presence by taking
responsibility for own mistakes and not blaming others and by doing
what he / she commits to doing.
- Work as a team player to make a difference within the business
and express gratitude and appreciation to others who have provided
information, assistance or support.
- Readily handle change through taking advantage of lifelong
learning opportunities and being open minded and curious in the
face of new challenges.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred or equivalent combination
of education and experience in a technical discipline
- 3+ years of proven success in Industrial and Electronic Sales
- Experience managing sales through distribution channel a
- Outstanding communication skills - written, verbal and
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn and adapt
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Displays proficiency in the following global competencies:
o Initiative - the understanding of what action needs to be
taken and completing these tasks while seeking the perspective of
o Comprehensive Thinking (Personal Credibility) - taking
personal responsibility for mistakes; does what he/she commits to
and is honest and forthright.
o Collaboration - works as a team player to make a difference
within the business and expresses gratitude and appreciation to
others who have provided information, assistance and support
o Willingness to Learn - handles change through taking advantage
of lifelong learning opportunities and is open minded and curious
to face new challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must be able to travel via airplane.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to operate an
automobile for up to six hours at a time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs (sample, demos,
- Must be able to travel overnight 35% + or as dictated by
- Comply with company dress code guidelines.
- Punctuality in all aspect is required.
Notice to Staffing Agencies, Placement Services, and
Phoenix Contact has an internal Staffing Department. Recruiters
are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Phoenix Contact
employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Phoenix
Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other
than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to
Phoenix Contact, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Phoenix
Contact mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to
Phoenix Contact employees, or to Phoenix Contact's resume database
will be considered Phoenix Contact property. Phoenix Contact will
NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an
unsolicited resume. Phoenix Contact will consider any candidate for
whom a Recruiter has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been
referred by the Recruiter free of any charges or fees. Phoenix
Contact will not pay a fee to any Recruiter that does not have a
signed Phoenix Contact contract in place specific to the position
for which the resume was submitted. Recruiting vendor agreements
will only be valid if in writing and signed by Phoenix Contact's
Director of Organization Development and Talent Acquisition or his
or her designee. No other Phoenix Contact employee is authorized to
bind Phoenix Contact to any agreement regarding the placement of
candidates by Recruiters. By submitting a candidate to Phoenix
Contact, recruiters agree to be bound and comply with this
Keywords: Phoenix Contact, Las Cruces , Electronic Sales Engineer- Michigan, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!