Company: Gila Regional Medical Center
Location: Silver City
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Operating Room Technician works collaboratively with the OR
team members to provide safe appropriate patient care within the
limits of their scope of practice.
- Performs scrub duties for assigned surgical procedures.
Displays comprehensive knowledge of surgical procedures, patient
care equipment and instrumentation.
- Assures that all equipment and supplies are ready and available
for the scheduled surgical procedure.
- Utilizes proper aseptic technique, monitors for possible
contamination, makes corrections as needed and follows direction
from the RN regarding correcting breaks in sterile technique.
Displays a strong surgical conscience.
- Handles all supplies, equipment and instruments appropriately
at the conclusion of the operative procedure.
- Correctly completes cleaning and/or sterile processing of
- Assists, as directed by the registered nurse with patient
preparation and discharge.
- Utilizes safe patient care and work practice to minimize the
potential injury to patients, fellow caregivers, and self. Utilizes
PPE in daily practice including eye protection, gloves, cover gowns
- Ensures that needed supplies and equipment are ready and
available. Utilizes supplies appropriately. Minimizes waste.
- Completes end of day activities of putting away
equipment/unused supplies and restocks room supplies, ensuring room
readiness for following day or emergency procedures. Pulls cases as
- Maximizes effectiveness by planning and organizing daily work
activities and consistently focuses on room and patient readiness
to ensure a 0700 or 0730 first case start and minimum turnover
- Performs routine housekeeping functions in all areas of the
department to facilitate room turnover and to ensure a safe, clean
- Assists throughout the department when needed to facilitate
completion of surgical schedule.
- Practices safe work routine and reports safety and
environmental hazards to appropriate person. Utilizes proper
channels of communication.
- Adheres to hospital infection control policies and OSHA and
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to respond to
hospital and departmental policy to fire drills, codes, etc.
- Attends 75% of departmental meetings and participates in
department quality assurance problem identification and resolution.
Helps with development of standards and policies. Acts as a mentor
for students and new caregivers.
- Reports on and off duty as scheduled. Takes call as
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Current BLS-CPR (AHA) certification
- OR Tech I: Person in training with no previous experience
- OR Tech II: Minimum of completion of a formal Surgical
Technology program, or one year experience and/or certification as
an OR Technician.
- One or more years of Surgical Tech experience preferred
NOTE: Job description available upon request.
All required documents must be presented at time of hire.
EXTERNAL APPLICANT: Employment is contingent upon successful
completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
GRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Gila Regional Medical Center, Las Cruces , Surgical Technician, Other , Silver City, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!