Patient Registration Interviewer - Patient Access - 809016 - FT
Company: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
to specified procedures, arranges for the efficient and orderly
registration of all patients; insures that accurate patient and
insurance information is collected; performs various clerical and
cashier duties. Schedules appointments and maintain patient
charts. This description is not intended to be a complete
list of duties. Other related duties may be
• Registers all patients to the hospital in
accordance with the procedures.
• Verifies all outpatient surgeries, admissions, and diagnostic
testing have proper authorization.
• Accurately registers arriving patients who have been referred by
a physician for treatment and or diagnostic testing.
• Accurately Pre-Registers and Registers patients for services and
accurately gathers all necessary demographic information including
insurance and billing information.
• Obtains all required signed documents from patients (i.e. Consent
for treatment, Important Message from Medicare, Important Message
from Tricare, HIPAA Notification, etc.)
• Demonstrates accurate use of insurance verification tools (i.e.
Passport Next Bar/OneSource, NM Medicaid portal, Presbyterian
Portal, Availity web portal, etc.)
• Accurately scans all required documents into patient’s
• Thorough description of registration events in account notes.
• Schedules patient for all services required in centralized
scheduling with use of proper phone etiquette and customer
• Accurately complete Advanced Beneficiary (medical necessity)
checks on patients as required.
• Accurately complete Medicare Secondary Payer questionnaire as
• Accepts patients in order of arrival with the exception of
emergency, scheduled appointments or stat cases which have
• Verifies insurance benefits, notifies patient of their financial
responsibility at time of service.
• Collects payments on patient accounts at time of service and on
other outstanding patient accounts.
• Facilitate appointments with Medicaid Eligibility Workers and/or
Financial Counselors, if necessary.
• Balances designated cash drawer at end of shift.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Current American Heart – HeartSaver or Basic Life Support (BLS)
• Clerical training that includes: typing, 10 key calculator, and
• Performs related responsibilities as assigned.
Keywords: Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center, Las Cruces , Patient Registration Interviewer - Patient Access - 809016 - FT, Other , Alamogordo, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!