Company: First American Corp.
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Join a team that puts its People First! First American's Direct
division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and
professional settlement services for real estate purchases,
refinances and equity loans. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF)
has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate
about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering
an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to
be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive,
people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades,
including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work
For-- list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as
a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and
have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work
lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to
work, for all. For more information, please visit .
Search public records and examine titles to determine legal
condition of property title, primarily for residential properties.
Copy or summarize recorded documents, which affect the condition of
title to the property. These roles may be found in production
center or branch office environments. Actual work flow is typically
determined by geographic practices. In some cases, the Title
Examiner role gathers information and creates a commitment of title
before passing along to a Title Officer.
Works independently and uses experience to examine title to real
property, ranging in complexity, to determine status and establish
chain of title.
- Performs title examination and examines the chain of title for
a wide range of title orders, primarily residential
- Abstracts and analyzes records, such as mortgages, liens,
judgments, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books, to
determine ownership and legal restrictions and to verify legal
description of property and completeness of records
- Resolves most issues such as missing information, incomplete,
inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title
- Prepares initial title commitment documentation based on the
application of procedural guidelines
- Prepares and reviews reports for accuracy
- May provide underwriting interpretation within established
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Detail / quality orientation
- Analytical review skills
- Research and investigative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service orientation
- Standard MS skill set
- Proficient with company operating systems
- Knowledge of legal terms helpful
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically requires 2+ years directly related experience
License or Certification
- State license(s) if required
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid
sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase
Keywords: First American Corp., Las Cruces , Title Examiner, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!