Company: La Clinica de Familia Inc.
Location: La Mesa
Posted on: January 9, 2022
La Clinica de Familia (LCDF) is an FQHC with several locations
in Southern New Mexico. For over 40 years, La Clinica has provided
services to the residents of Southern New Mexico. Our mission
statement definitely speaks to what La Clinica de Familia stands
for, which is to empower and enrich families, individuals, and
communities by providing quality medical, dental, behavioral health
and educational service for people of all cultures.Non -
Exempt$12.75Job Summary:The Eligibility Specialist serves as first
contact for incoming patients who have no insurance or payer
source, qualifying them for financial assistance available from a
variety of federal, state, and local programs. This position also
assists with various functions of the Billing Department.Core
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Working knowledge of social services programs(i.e., laws,
rules, regulations, etc.)
- Experience with effective interviewing techniques
- Familiarity with community resources
- Ability to maintain effective relationships in the community
and within LCDF
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Strong abilities in being organized and attention to
- Basic computer skills - M/S Office, WORD, etc.
- Knowledge of culture & customs of population being served.
- Basic ability in math calculations and analytical processes.Job
- High school graduate or equivalent required; medical
terminology and business office courses preferred.
- One year of medical business office experience (two years
preferred); experience in public social services preferred.
- Must be able to use personal vehicle in course of employment
when needed and must maintain a clean driving record.
- Must submit to LCDF required background check, TB screen and
drug testing.Benefits: Health Insurance - PPO Dental Insurance
Vision Insurance 401(K) with employer matching Life and AD&D
Insurance Short Term Disability Long Term Disability Supplement
Life Insurance Paid Time Off (PTO) Holidays (9) Education
Reimbursement Cafeteria Plan Employee Assistance Program Travel
ReimbursementPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: La Clinica de Familia Inc., Las Cruces , Eligibility Specialist, Other , La Mesa, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!