Regional Liability Adjuster- Major Case Unit
Company: Hanover Insurance Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 22, 2023
For more than 170 years, The Hanover has been committed to
delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the
most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE through
our values, ESG initiatives and IDE journey.
Our claims department is seeking a Regional Liability Adjuster,
Major Case to join our growing team. This position can be located
anywhere within the following States and work remotely: AZ, CA, CO,
ID, MT, NV, NM, OR, TX, UT, WA, and WY.
Fully responsible for the investigation, evaluation, negotiation,
and resolution of claims which are the most complex in coverage and
represent the company's largest damage exposures. The claims could
originate anywhere in the Western United States and often require
field consultation, field investigation and providing a high level
of technical expertise to many professionals throughout the
country. Claims include but are not limited to large casualty
exposures including Auto, General Liability, and toxic tort.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Must possess or secure and maintain appropriate state adjuster
license(s) and continuing education credits.
* Works with high authority limits on assignments reflecting a very
high degree of technical complexity and coordination.
* Possesses a high and extensive level of technical knowledge and
skills including product and industry.
* Negotiate settlements, mitigate losses, and control expenses on
our company's largest losses.
* Maintain a high level of communication with leadership.
* Responsible to provide consultation and participation in the
development of large claim strategies handled by both independent
and staff adjusters.
* May co-adjust cases to facilitate learning and to impact
* Recognized as the company consultant in a field providing
technical guidance, assistance, and training to lower-level
associates May have regional, zone or companywide scope.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
* Typically has 8-10 years professional experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Higher level degree
may be desired
* Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of
internal and external customers
* Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
* Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing
* Strong organizational and time management skills
* Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both
internal and external groups Demonstrates ability to win
concessions without damaging relationships.
* Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
* Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case
* Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and
develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
* Easily adapts to new or different changing situations,
requirements or priorities.
* Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
* Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
* Computer experience (MS Office, excels, word, etc.)
* Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.)
It's not just a job, it's a career, and we are here to support you
every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled.
Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our
robust learning and development programs, we encourage you at every
level to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build
financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover,
you'll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to
* Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
* 401K with a company match
* Tuition reimbursement
* Company paid holidays
* Flexible work arrangements
* Cultural Awareness Day in support of IDE
* On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
* Click here for the full list of Benefits
The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our
customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment
and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the
basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the
available work without regard to race, religion, color, age,
sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity,
disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information,
ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing
an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and
harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender,
ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability,
marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status protected by law."
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate
against qualified individuals with disabilities. Individuals with
disabilities who wish to request a reasonable accommodation to
participate in the job application or interview process, or to
perform essential job functions, should contact us at:
HRServices@hanover.com and include the link of the job posting in
which you are interested.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of
information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we
use it, please click here.
* Job Function Claims
* Pay Type Salary
* Arizona, USA
* California, USA
* Colorado, USA
* Idaho, USA
* Montana, USA
* Nevada, USA
* New Mexico, USA
* Oregon, USA
* Texas, USA
* Utah, USA
* Washington, USA
* Wyoming, USA
Keywords: Hanover Insurance Group, Inc., Las Cruces , Regional Liability Adjuster- Major Case Unit, Other , Lincoln, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!