IT Systems Engineer SETA
Company: SAIC (Science Applications Int.)
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: March 16, 2023
SAIC is seeking an experienced Information Technology (IT) based Systems Engineer and Technical Assistant (SETA) for a position supporting a US Government customer in the Las Cruces, NM area. The successful applicant will exhibit flexibility in task execution, provide technical expertise on a variety of IT Service Management (ITSM) topics, to include service delivery oversight, Event Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Continuous Service Improvement (CSI). As a SETA, the successful candidate may be called upon to assist with Systems Engineering topics (e.g., requirements, configuration management, readiness, verification and validation, etc.) in order to deliver continuity across multiple IT service deliveries. As a SETA advisor, candidates will be required to demonstrate value-added judgment, and advise the government on various program activities. The successful candidate will produce recommendations and deliverables in a thorough, practicable, and consistent manner congruent with the organization's objectives associated with IT infrastructure provisioning. US Citizenship required. Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance with Poly is required.
The successful candidate must be able to:
* Operate proactively with ability to lead and execute project engagements without direct leadership oversight and/or participation
* Serve as primary customer interface and advocate, affording cross-functional technical and relationship management to ensure mission success while maximizing service adoption
* Proactively perform as an organized and dedicated change agent, core to ensuring quality assurance while assisting the culture shift toward standardized IT service deliveries
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications
* Educate consumers on current and upcoming IT service deliveries, changes, and potential impacts to existing capabilities
* Understand relationship between the customer's delivery schedules and IT service roadmaps
* Perform as key Technical Advisor for articulating service requirement gaps to support customer mission architecture
* Provide specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
* Must be a US Citizen
* Within a STEM field of study: Bachelors in a STEM related field and five (5) years or more experience; Masters in a STEM related field and three (3) years or more experience; Significant applicable work experience of more than ten (10) years may be considered in lieu of a degree
* Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance with Poly
* Experiences with Intelligence Community (IC) infrastructure is a plus
* PMP is a plus, but not required
* ITIL certification is a plus, but not required
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC is a premier Fortune 500 technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Keywords: SAIC (Science Applications Int.), Las Cruces , IT Systems Engineer SETA, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
here to apply!