RN - Psychiatric - PRN
Company: Memorial Medical Center
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Who We Are:People are our passion and purpose. -Come work where
you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do.
Memorial Medical Center is a 199-bed hospital offering a spectrum
of care, including diagnostic, therapeutic, and rehabilitative
services, both on an inpatient and outpatient basis.Where We
Are:From national parks and monuments to one of the top-rated
farmer's markets in the country, Las Cruces offers a world filled
with natural wonder, year-round excitement and historic proportions
of fun. We are known for our safe and affordable living conditions,
outstanding educational system, and friendly people.Why Choose
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for
- Employee Assistance Program - mental, physical, and financial
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- And much more---Position Summary:
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication
administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as
well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as
appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Encourages patients with performing activities of daily living,
including personal hygiene, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient
care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral
and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides
patient/family education appropriate to age, culture,
condition, and circumstances.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being
of the patient.
- Promotes and supports interventions to ensure patient's rights
are protected, acting as an advocate for patients and
their families. This includes efforts to minimize and ensure the
appropriate use and management of restraint.
- Embraces and actively engages in ongoing efforts to provide
optimal customer service to provide immediate
resolution of patient/customer concerns and complaints.
- Demonstrates awareness of ethical/legal issues as applied to
patients, self and others.
- Articulates and models the values of caring and demonstrates a
Patient Centered Focus.
- Assesses patient's pain and/or level of comfort and provides
prompt intervention specific to the patient's needs.
- Accepts and embodies the role of leader at the point of care
delivery. Maintains a focus on care and service to
patients and families.
- Facilitates daily nurse-led groups while managing the milieu
and ensuring each client's psychological, physical, and
spiritual safety. Encourages participation from each member.
Documents client behavior and group participation in
the EHR and communicates progress or concerns to the appropriate
behavioral health team members. For those not
in attendance, one-on-one education will be provided. The nurse
will also document the group in the group tracking
- Assigns duties to Mental Health Techs as needed and is
ultimately responsible for ensuring Q15's are completed on
- Graduate of a School of Nursing program
- Experience in an acute care facility -preferred - - - - - -
- Certification/Licensure: - Current New Mexico or compact RN
license required. - - Current CPR required.
- For Behavioral Health: - Conflict Resolution course required
within 90 days of hire. -
- For New Hires: - Required certification must be obtained within
(1) year of employment. - If currently certified, must maintain
- Basic Life Support (BLS) is required - - - - -
- ACLS: - is required for all areas where moderate sedation is
- Certification or completion courses must meet the standards of
Memorial Medical Center.EEOC Statement:Memorial Medical Center is
committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all
applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for
employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national
origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law.Equal opportunity and
affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in
candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected
Keywords: Memorial Medical Center, Las Cruces , RN - Psychiatric - PRN, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!