Safety Specialist - United States
Company: CH2M & Jacobs
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: February 13, 2019
This is a Test?Evaluation and Support Team contract position (TEST2) contract position at the NASA White Sands Test Facility. This position may be assigned to Jacobs?Technology or a teammate company.??This is a temporary/intermittent position.?
- Conduct?audits/assessments and walk-through to ensure organizational? ? ? compliance with?safety program.
- Provide?guidance to operations to ensure safe and environmentally responsible work?practices are implemented.
- Provide?reports and briefings to management as required.
- Maintain,?inspect, and order PPE and safety equipment.
- Provide?HSE training to site personnel, subcontractors, customers.
- Perform?other duties as required.
- Minimum of two (2)?years college or vocational training in science, safety/health, engineering, or?other related technical field in area of specialty plus twelve (12) years?relevant HSE experience in industrial/construction industry, or any equivalent?combination of education/ experience for total of fourteen (14) years.
- Must have excellent?communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of?OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI safety related regulations.
- Proficiency with MS?Office preferred.
- Experience with?Incident Injury Free and behavior-based safety techniques desired.
- College degree in area?of HSE discipline/specialty, science, or engineering is preferred.
- Construction Health?and Safety Technician (CHST), Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician?(OHST), or Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS) certification is?preferred.? ?Essential Functions:UNUSUAL OR SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF POSITION?Position involves?extended periods of sitting. Physical requirements are sitting, walking,?standing, use of stairs, and access to remote structures. Typically required to?lift and hold up to 10 pounds. Position is located on a hazardous testing?facility; must be able to quickly evacuate?buildings in the event of an emergency. ? DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENTDesk/office work and test area work. As necessary, must be?able to travel to other work areas, be aware of safety requirements for those?areas, and work within those constraints (e.g. access procedures and proper PPE). Walking on uneven?terrain including paved areas, gravel/rocks, and dirt/sand is required to?access various locations on the facility.??Requires meetings with authors, customers,?and upper management to discuss project requirements. All work must be?completed in a safe manner in accordance with NASA and Company safety?standards.? EQUIPMENT AND MACHINES INVOLVED IN WORK TASKSComputer work?required. Use of printer/copiers, calculator, printer, fax, scanner, telephone,?filing cabinets, and other standard office equipment is required.??CRITICALITY OF ATTENDANCERegular attendance and punctuality is required.? Occasional overtime may be required in?support of test project schedules or other priority assignments as determined?by management or customer needs.??Personnel in the branch are cross-trained to allow for normal planned?vacation and sick leave. OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSMust be able to communicate effectively with?individuals at all levels of the organization.??Must?exhibit professional behavior in all interaction peers/management and with?customers.? Must work well under pressure to meet deadlines.? Dress must be appropriate for the position?and not pose a safety risk or hazard to the employee or others in accordance?with NASA and Company policies.? Required?computer proficiencies in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project).Occasional?travel may be required.? Must be able to?pass a physical examination (including drug testing) as determined by the NASA?White Sands Test Facility and the Company for the job classification.? If applicable to the specific job assignment,?must possess and maintain a valid drivers license.? Must be a U.S Citizen.? Must pass a Federal background?investigation.? Must maintain site access?to NASA facilities and computer systems.???Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Jacobs does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by country, regional, or local law.?About Jacobs Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors. For more information, visit web address removed>
Keywords: CH2M & Jacobs, Las Cruces , Safety Specialist - United States, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!