NEPA and RCRA Specialist
Company: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc.
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a NEPA and
RCRA Specialist in Las Cruces, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical
services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our
customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and
innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our
services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and
efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
This position will support our work at the NASA White Sands Test
Facility. White Sands Test Facility is regulated by the
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), New Mexico Environment
Department (NMED), Federal Executive Orders, and NASA agency
environmental policy and guidelines.
The White Sands Test Facility is Resource Conservation and Recovery
Act (RCRA) regulated facility and operates under various air
permits and wastewater discharge permits.
At White Sands Test Facility, the guidelines set forth by NEPA have
been combined with other acts and regulations including the
Endangered Species Act (ESA) and the National Historic Preservation
Act to ensure environmental stewardship.
* Preparation of documentation compliant with the NEPA to include
environmental checklists for Categorical Exclusions (CXs),
Environmental Assessments (EAs), and Environmental Impact
* Complete appropriate NEPA review documentation based on the level
of evaluation required.
* Coordinate internal reviews, final document production, and
* Prepare for and attend NEPA team and other types of meetings.
* Compete activities related to RCRA permitting.
* Maintain tracking spreadsheets on a weekly basis and report
accomplishments on a quarterly basis.
* Relocation assistance available.
* Bachelor s degree in Environmental Science.
* 10 years of related experience desired.
* Experience coordinating NEPA teams and document preparation
(developing schedules, resources assignments, client interaction,
evaluating project scope and public interest).
* Expert level knowledge of RCRA permitting issues.
* Must have RCRA experience under the New Mexico Environment
* Skills and ability to perform critical strategic tasks and to
interpret broad strategic requirements and develop and execute
plans to satisfy them.
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or
clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Keywords: Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc., Las Cruces , NEPA and RCRA Specialist, Other , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!