Field Technician II Deming, NM or Silver City, NM
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
* The Role*
Responsible for installation, decommissioning and troubleshooting
problems of network equipment and circuits. This includes the
fiber, transport equipment and all critical infrastructures within.
Demonstrates a degree of experience with circuit provisioning,
maintenance & testing (DS1/DS3/SONET), test equipment,
telecommunication equipment installation and acceptance.
Responsible for the outside plant network in a given geographic
boundary, including metro and long haul fibers.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Diagnoses, troubleshoots and repairs customer and network
troubles. Removes and replaces defective equipment, tracks spares
and ensures repair.
* Performs site surveys, fiber locating and oversees splicing of
Metro/Long Haul Outside Plant fibers.
* Monitors route and executes restoration in the event of a service
interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas to
ensure integrity of network.
* Installs, provisions, tests, and maintains SONET/Ethernet
services, DWDM equipment-(Ciena 6500, Huawei, Infinera, (ALU-1830,
AdvaR7), SONET equipment-(Cisco 15454 /15310/15327- ALU DMX
OC192/DMXEtend, FT2000), CPE Equipment- (Adva114/150/825,
Netvanta924E, Cisco 1941/4331) Signaling, Private Line, and Data
* Responsible for asset management: process deliveries and
replenishes consumables. Coordinates shipping and receiving of
* Operates and maintains tools, test sets, OTDRs, T-Berd 2310/310,
PRI Tester, EXFO FTB-1/FTB-200 lightwave multiplexing equipment,
digital multiplexers, channel banks, circuit termination equipment,
AC and DC power equipment, fiber optic cable locating
* Performs preventive/scheduled maintenance and inspections on
equipment and on the critical infrastructure including, but not
limited to: HVAC systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power
* Installations, test and turn up of all circuits at the Phoenix
Gateway in addition to performing Customer Provided Equipment (CPE)
installs in the metro market.
* Receiving and shipping of warehouse materials.
* Site surveys for all customer and NB installs in gateway.
* Orders all consumable materials for installations- Fibers,
attenuators, racks, etc.
* Performs 3 Tech escorts, locates, and remote hands at the
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* 2+ years' experience working of Installation, Test, and Turn-up
of a variety of Telecommunication equipment including SONET, DCS,
DWDM, Routers and Switches.
* Strong technical and mechanical background with experience on the
latest generation transport gear, critical infrastructure (HVAC
systems, high-voltage electrical systems, DC Power Plants, etc.),
as well as knowledge of locating fiber optic cable, right-of-way,
* Must have a high degree of experience and/or knowledge of at
least two of the four major technician disciplines: Transmission
(DS1/DS3/SONET), Switching (circuit-switching/SS7), TCP/IP
(routers/higher-layer protocols), and Outside Plant (Fiber
locating, OTDR, Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.).
* Some technical evaluation and fundamental judgment is required,
while building an internal and external network.
* Must maintain site security and cleanliness.
* Must have PC skills and be well versed in Microsoft Windows and
* Ability to quickly learn corporate databases.
* On-call 24x7 on a rotational basis, on stand-by, call out,
dispatch, and overtime are required as dictated by the
* A valid driver's license required and satisfactory driving
* High School diploma or GED
* Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities
* Ability to prioritize with good time management skills
* Sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; lift 50
pounds; works in all weather conditions
* What to Expect Next*
Based on your job application information you may be given the
opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after
applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a
response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this
video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our
open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send
you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We
strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your
Requisition #: 241699
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Range *Salary Min : *43830
* Salary Max : *97560
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for
this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums
may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales
compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for
long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you
can view additional information[
We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you
move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad
range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and
perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial
wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking [
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are
governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
Salary Range *Salary Min : *43830
* Salary Max : *97560
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job
based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the
job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on
individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors.
We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in
and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are
welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection
Keywords: Lumen, Las Cruces , Field Technician II Deming, NM or Silver City, NM, Professions , Deming, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!