Line Maintenance Engineering Technician & Assistant Crew Lead
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and
extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the worlds
leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise
IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national
security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and
secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government
agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian,
health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do
the cant be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our
Peraton is currently seeking a Line Maintenance Engineering
Technician Assistant Crew Lead to support ourHardware Maintenance
Depotdepartment at the NASA White Sands Complex near Las Cruces,
NM.Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands
Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two
functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands
Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground
terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various
ground stations, NASAs orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay
Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the
computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an
interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and
scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our
ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.This position
will be responsible for:
- Performs routine, non-routine and complex assignments involving
Ground Communications Equipment (GCE) systems related to
daily-shift operations and maintenance activities in support of
- Experienced with radio communications and digital signal
processing systems, telemetry monitor and control systems as well
as knowledge of IT network architecture, network protocol standards
(TCP, UDP, IP) and computer architecture and operating
- Assists the LMT Crew Lead by seeking guidance for mission
support activities, equipment requirements, and advice from HMD
management or engineer as needed; performs recurring work
independently or in teams; work is reviewed for technical adequacy
or conformity with instructions.
- Assists the LMT Crew Lead to oversee and coordinate shift-crew
work schedules and activities including assessing task
requirements, objectives, priorities, and resolves problems and
- Assists the LMT Crew Lead to coordinate, oversee and conduct
operational system adjustments, preventive and corrective
maintenance actions, and evaluates equipment performance,
meticulously documenting all aforementioned actions.
- Identifies and troubleshoots system problems, conducts tests
using all types of instruments, analyzes results to restore
systems, improve performance, and documents and reports
- Complies with operational, maintenance and organizational
procedures and policies.
- Adheres to and recommends changes for applicable technical and
- Proactively seeks training to achieve and maintain all required
- Assists the LMT Crew Lead to identify Crew training needs,
coordinates training activities, conducts OJT and certifies lower
level technicians. Monitors technical and professional performance
and acts quickly to correct deficiencies.
- Presents a positive and professional image to personnel through
adherence to operational, maintenance and organizational procedures
- Ensures secure and positive control of critical resources.
- Reviews, edits and recommends changes to related technical and
- Reports to and advises the Crew Lead and HMD management on all
related operational, technical and personnel matters.
- An Associate of Science degree (or equivalent) in electrical,
computer or networks engineering technology and 4 years of related
- 6 years of related work experience can be substituted for 2
years of technical training plus 4 years of related work
- Prior experience with satellite earth station and
communications systems, satellite link access technology, antenna
- Prior experience successfully overseeing and directing the
activities of other employees.
- Work Environment -the working environment includes exposure to
cold, noise and shift work.
- Must be able to perform tasks under certain time and resource
constraints, in difficult surroundings, or conditions.
- Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended
sitting or standing, or other physical efforts.
- Security clearance - this position requires the candidate to be
able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order
to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of
- An active SECRET security clearance or higher
- Prior experience with NASA.
- At least one IT/IP certification such as Network+, CCENT or
Keywords: Peraton, Las Cruces , Line Maintenance Engineering Technician & Assistant Crew Lead, Professions , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!