Experienced Registered Behavior Technician - RBT Required
Company: Centria Healthcare
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: June 20, 2022
- To be considered, you must be willing to commute daily 20-30
mins within the area of Las Cruces, NM.*Pay rate starts at $16/hr
and goes up based on relevant experience and highest level of
education completed.Start your rewarding career helping children
with autism acquire the skills to reach their full potential. This
can be either part or full-time work, and we provide the training
to be successful. We provide a strong compensation package with a
well-defined path for performance and tenure-based pay raises and
career advancement opportunities. If you are passionate about
helping children and want to work for a purpose-driven company to
help make a difference, we would like to chat with you.Our mission
is to help every child living with autism to develop, pursue and
achieve their own goals and dreams through high quality ABA therapy
and support. You will be on the front line of this mission helping
individuals with Autism to live their best lives possibleLinkedIn
recently published their top-10 list of the fastest growing
careers, and Behavior Technician was the only healthcare role and
came in it - at #9!What does a Behavior Technician (BT) Do?:This
role is a science-based practice that requires proper protocols to
be implemented by creating and repeating many learning
opportunities, called trials, and documenting the child's progress
and responses. Under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior
Analyst or Behavior Consultant (BCBA/BC), prompting and positive
reinforcement is used to help the individuals we work with to
develop and build upon skills that will help them to be as
independent as possible doing things throughout their
lives.Depending on the client's location, therapy will either be
conducted in the child's home or at a Centria center.Behavior
Technician Job Responsibilities IncludeProvide direct client care
in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive
teaching and natural environment training.
- Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior
reduction protocols as outlined in client's individualized
treatment plan built by BCBA/BC.
- Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client
- Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with the
client's individualized treatment and behavior reduction
- Ensure documentation is completed on time and following
established Centria procedures.
- Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding
client progress as instructed by BCBA/BC.
- Utilize safe and appropriate procedures when working with
clients and appropriately report all critical incidents and safety
- Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy
- Assist BCBA/BC in preparation of client materials, behavior
reduction assessments, and skills acquisition.Required
Qualifications, Skills, And Knowledge
- If extended an offer, must be willing to participate in the
company's background check process.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma of GED is required.
- Must have reliable transportation and in some cases, proof of
driver's license and valid car insurance.
- Need to be at least 18 years of age.
- Willing to obtain CPR and First Aid certification along with a
TB test if you had not had one in the past year.
- Must be able to physically perform this job, including getting
down on the floor and standing up many times, lifting up to 50lbs
and the ability to run/move quickly if required to do so for the
interaction with and safety and protection of the children with
whom you work.
- Need to be very reliable and able to show up for each scheduled
- Must always be professional in terms of both presentation and
- Need to have patience to help keep our clients on task.
- Able to maintain emotional control even if client acting out
physically or verbally.
- A positive attitude and drive to help a child acquire new
skills is a must.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to do repetitive things
in a precise manner.
- Ability to follow and carry out detailed instructions.
- Strong understanding of technology to be able to record data on
a mobile device and navigate digital applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong cultural competency with ability to remain flexible and
open minded.Additional Qualifications (not Required)
- Experience working as a: Behavioral Technician, Working in some
capacity with children with autism or other learning disabilities,
Teacher's Aid, Tutor, CNA, Caregiver or Home Health AideThe work
location for our Behavior Technicians will vary by client case and
could include home, community, or center. Additional time or flex
schedules may be required to complete the above work or meet
company objectivesIf you are interested in this role, then please
click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position, please
refer to our company Website. About Centria HealthcareCentria
Autism is a division of Centria Healthcare, which was founded in
2009 and headquartered in Farmington, Michigan. Centria's flagship
service is Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy (ABA), which assists
children and young adults on the autism spectrum. Since 2014
Centria has grown this service division into a leading provider in
the country, with services stretching across 11 states and growing.
This life-changing program is helping children reach their goals
and dreams through positive reinforcement and continual support.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, Veteran status, or disability status. This job description
is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills,
efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated
with the position. Centria reserves the right to amend this job
description at any time, with or without written notice.
Keywords: Centria Healthcare, Las Cruces , Experienced Registered Behavior Technician - RBT Required, Professions , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!