Company: Virgin Galactic
Location: Las Cruces
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Who We AreVirgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE),
recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in
sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, like in making
better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded
our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about
human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able
to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space,
the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From
space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than
divides us."We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to
pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to
everybody - and change the world for good." Sir Richard Branson,
Founder, Virgin GalacticIf you are looking for a challenging
opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and
innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great
problem solver and can make things happen - apply today! Your
Mission The Benefits Analyst must work from either our Tustin CA
Headquarters 2-3x per week or our Las Cruces NM office 2-3x per
week.The Benefits Analyst is responsible for assisting with the
administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including
medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term
disability, voluntary benefits, and the 401(k) plan. They are
responsible for handling employee inquiries and assisting employees
with enrolling in the company benefit programs.Their duties include
maintaining the benefits enrollment system and keeping detailed
records of employee enrollment documentation and overseeing the
enrollment process between the HR system and carrier websites. They
are also responsible for updating and posting employee benefits
materials to aid employee understanding of
- Responds to employee inquiries on benefits coverages,
eligibility, elections, status changes and other general
- Conducts the benefits portion of New Hire Orientation,
informing employees about the details of the benefits plans they
are eligible for and how to enroll.
- Ensures dependent eligibility documentation is received and
validated for all dependent enrollments.
- Coordinates new hire and life events enrollments to ensure
carriers receive eligibility and election information.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS
system so that vendors receive accurate eligibility
- Processes life status change enrollments.
- Reviews/audits all benefits billing and invoicing for accuracy,
timely payment, and reporting
- Reviews/audits payroll for accurate benefits deductions
- Performs routine audits and reconciliation of benefits
- Supports annual Open Enrollment, including updating system with
benefit plan details, conducting employee information sessions, and
- Prepares benefits census and audit reports.
- Coordinates with 3rd party leave administrator and People
teammates/management on leave-of-absence requests and disability
paperwork to ensure timeliness and legal compliance.
- Responds to 401(k) inquiries relating to enrollment timing,
contribution amounts and separation questions.What You Bring
- Extensive knowledge of employee benefits and applicable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to inform employees about their benefit options and how to
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of leave of absence laws and processes, including
California leave laws.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including
advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Proficient with HR systems, including benefits and payroll
systems. Experience with administering benefits though Success
Factors or ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws
involving benefits administration.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.Required Education
- Associate's degree in HR or related field, Experience and/or
other training/certification may be substituted for the required
- 5+ years of experience in benefits administration.
- Experience with supporting multiple benefits plans that include
retirement, health, medical, dental, vision, life, etc.
- Experience serving as the point of contact for benefits
enrollments and materialsPreferred
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field of
- CEBS and/or CBP credentials helpful.
- Experience in a start-up organization or a highly unique
cultural environment.Physical Requirements
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
computer. ITAR RequirementsTo conform to U.S. Government space
technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen,
lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as
defined by ITAR (22 CFR
- 120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from
the U.S. Department of State.As part of our commitment to health
and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S.
teammates, as well as all newly hired employees.As of October 1,
2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are
fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, ( "fully vaccinated"
means at least two weeks have expired since receiving the
vaccination's last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) . If
you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your
date of hire.Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit,
competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any
manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity,
veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital
status, mental or physical disability or any other legally
Keywords: Virgin Galactic, Las Cruces , Benefits Analyst, Professions , Las Cruces, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!