Company: Gila Regional Medical Center
Location: Silver City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
The Materials Handler is responsible for performing all functions
within the Materials Management Department, including receiving,
storage and distribution of supplies, equipment accountability,
inventory control, and distribution of orders, requisitions, and
related clerical requirements. Restock crash carts & isolation
carts. Distribution Tech coverage within the department on an as
needed basis to include restocking supply Pyxis units on the floor.
Working knowledge of cardboard compactor. Maintain a clean
warehouse. Monthly monitoring of outdates throughout the
Essential functions are those tasks, duties, and responsibilities
that comprise the means of accomplishing the job's purpose and
objectives. Essential functions are critical or fundamental to the
performance of the job. They are the major functions for which the
person in the job is held accountable.
* Ensures that shipment packing slips are consistent with purchase
orders utilizing the electronic health system Meditech to receive
supplies & equipment. Document all packages w/out a PO by use of
the UPS/Fed Ex Log Book.
* Maintains receiving documents in an organized file, to include
filing on a weekly basis
* Responsible for daily replenishment and distribution of supplies
to all using departments via supply requisitions orders
* Notifies freight companies of damaged goods and fills out damage
reports for department.
* Requests vendor return authorization.
* Ensures that return goods are processed within a maximum of (7)
* Manage Xerox & Konica machines for meter reads, service calls &
* Monitor monthly outdates for all items within the warehouse
* Assist with mid-year and annual physical inventory both for the
main warehouse as well as the OR inventory
* Works closely with Accounts Payable for PO discrepancies &
* Restock and replenish supplies for Crash Carts & Isolation Carts
on an as needed basis t
* Break down cardboard from the warehouse in preparation for the
* Package items for return to vendor, fills out freight bills and
contacts freight companies for pick up. Along with the request of
necessary credits for Accounting
* Maintains storeroom/warehouse in a clean and orderly manner and
that supply items are rotated on a first in first out basis.
* Determination of warehouse items to be reordered in regards to
time sensitivity on various vendors for the replenishment of
* Monitors inventory par levels to ensure proper stock/restock of
* Responsible for filling & managing all outside Clinics &
Department requisitions as well as updating ordering Templates
* Works closely with the clinics for all their needs both directly
and indirectly to be sure they have the supplies & equipment needed
on a daily basis
* Fills and completes electronic work orders (Ewok) for requested
chargeable supplies and equipment
* Performs other duties as assigned by Director
education & TRAINING requirements
* Minimum High School Diploma or GED
* Valid NM Driver's license & a clean driving record to be
insurable under GRMC's Insurance program
Note: Job description available upon request
All required documents must be presented at time of hire.
EXTERNAL APPLICANT: Employment is contingent upon successful
completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
GRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Gila Regional Medical Center, Las Cruces , Materials Handler, Professions , Silver City, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!